API IP Addres Range

GroovyWidgets.com

Sep 29, 2009, 6:32:51 PM9/29/09
to MailChimp API Discuss
I've been asked to implement the API on a firewalled server. The
firewall needs to be opened for specific IP addresses to allow
outgoing requests and the host does not offer domain name resolution
to facilitate this.

api.mailchimp.com resolves to 69.20.10.80

Does anyone know if this is the only relevant IP address or if others
need to be allowed?

Thanks!

jesse

Sep 30, 2009, 2:40:10 PM9/30/09
to MailChimp API Discuss
Per our recent announcements and our documentation, you are advised to
use datacenter-specific URLs:
http://groups.google.com/group/mailchimp-api-announce/browse_thread/thread/30827b746cc138f0
http://www.mailchimp.com/api/rtfm/

The current IPs for all hosts that could be contacted are:
api.mailchimp.com
69.20.10.80, 69.20.10.85, 74.205.3.112

us1.api.mailchimp.com
69.20.34.200, 207.97.212.229, 69.20.22.194

us2.api.mailchimp.com
74.63.51.85

We currently use round-robin DNS load balancing for those, so you
could hit any of them depending on the endpoint URL you are using. We
strongly recommend not hard-coding these whenever possible since they
can (and will) change without notice. I suppose if you must, though,
then you must - you may, however, want to use the /24 for each to have
a better chance of already having new addresses white-listed.

jesse