API v1.2.7, new Export API v1.0 released + new Issue Tracker

jesse

Jul 16, 2010, 10:41:03 AM7/16/10
to MailChimp API Announce
** API v1.2.7 **
There are three additions in the release of v1.2 of the API proper.
The first two are pretty straight forward:

* Timewarp campaigns can now be created and scheduled using
campaignCreate() and campaignSchedule()
* Segments releated to the new SocialPro features are all supported.
See the campaignCreate() documentation for details

The last feature added is something we are calling Static Segments.
These allow you to create and name as many "static segments" as you'd
like, then add and remove members from it as you wish without having
to worry about merge var values, interest groups, or anything else
normally required (aside from existing on a list, of course). You can
also reset the segmetn and re-add members to it as you wish. These
segments can then be used when segmenting campaigns or anywhere else
we allow the use of segments. They will also appear in the visual
segment editors inside the web app, though they *can not* be managed
via the web app. We see Static Segments as a very powerful way for
users with segmenting requirements that can't be adequately (or
comfortably) supported via our standard methods to still apply and use
segments. The idea here is that a user can processing a large dataset
to create a specific set and then simply create (or re-use) a static
segment for those users rather than trying to force them into some
strange set of merge vars. Finally, list members can, of course, exist
on as many static segments as necessary.

The methods you will need to use these are:
* listStaticSegments
* listAddStaticSegment
* listDelStaticSegment
* listResetStaticSegment
* listStaticSegmentAddMembers
* listStaticSegmentDelMembers

Our MCAPI PHP wrapper has also been updated to support all of those
methods out of the box.
http://www.mailchimp.com/api/downloads/

Finally, for those of you wondering, this should be the last release
in the 1.2 series. We're currently looking towards a September 2010
release of v1.3.

** The new Export API v1.0 **
For a while now we've needed ways to allow users to quickly dump their
list member data without having to make a zillion calls first for
their listMembers and then for each of their listMemberInfo. While the
Export API currently has one method - list - we are looking at other
large datasets that are better suited for dumping rather than typical
paging access - some Campaign Stats methods will likely be the next
addition.

It should also be pointed out that this is *not* included in our
wrappers and works in a fundamentally different manner from our
standard API. That said, the best thing to do is read through the
documentation and post questions in the Google Groups

** New Issue Tracker **
Lastly, we've setup a Google Code project to help us maintain a public
issue and feature request tracker. We will be filling in back-logged
feature requests we currently have and encourage you to do the same.
The project can be found here:
http://code.google.com/p/mailchimp-api/