Magic Fields 1.3 on WPMU

Brandon

Jan 5, 2010, 11:44:00 AM1/5/10
to Magic Fields
I can’t seem to get this plugin to work with WordPress MU 2.8.6. I try
to create a write panel, but when it forwards me to the next page, the
write panel is empty. If I go back to the main plugin page, there are
no custom write panels. Here’s a video showing the bug. I know it’s
New Years Eve, but is there anyone who has seen this bug and fixed it?

http://screenr.com/xFS

David Valdez

Jan 5, 2010, 1:58:45 PM1/5/10
to magic-...@googlegroups.com
Hi brandon

the problem here is to Magic Fileds in wordpress mu  need  be installed as a Wordpress mu plugin.

For install magic fields as a wordpress mu plugin you need put MF inside of your mu_plugins folder (inside of  wp-content)

And copy the file:

Magic-fields/wpmu/MagicFields.php

in

mu_plugins

after that you only need enter to the admin and Magic Fields will be  activate automatically

Before to do this please uninstall your instalation of mf and check in your database if all tables related with magic fields are removed if not please delete this tables by hand.

David.

Brandon

Jan 5, 2010, 8:45:57 PM1/5/10
to Magic Fields
Hey, that totally worked! Thanks! I'll be sure to let you know if I
find any other issues with the plugin in MU.

On Jan 5, 10:58 am, David Valdez <m...@gnuget.org> wrote:
> Hi brandon
>
> the problem here is to Magic Fileds in wordpress mu  need  be installed as a
> Wordpress mu plugin.
>
> For install magic fields as a wordpress mu plugin you need put MF inside of
> your mu_plugins folder (inside of  wp-content)
>
> And copy the file:
>
> Magic-fields/wpmu/MagicFields.php
>
> in
>
> mu_plugins
>
> after that you only need enter to the admin and Magic Fields will be
>  activate automatically
>
> Before to do this please uninstall your instalation of mf and check in your
> database if all tables related with magic fields are removed if not please
> delete this tables by hand.

rjgrune

Jan 8, 2010, 5:53:24 PM1/8/10
to Magic Fields
i had the same problem described and I'm trying to install as you
describe but I can't seem to get it to work; i'm not sure what I'm
doing wrong.

I get this warning all over the place.

"Warning: include_once(Magic-Fields/Main.php) [function.include-once]:
failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home7/appstor1/
public_html/wp-content/mu-plugins/MagicFields.php on line 3

Warning: include_once() [function.include]: Failed opening 'Magic-
Fields/Main.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/
local/lib/php') in /home7/appstor1/public_html/wp-content/mu-plugins/
MagicFields.php on line 3"

I installed it all to the wp-content/mu-plugins and copied the
MagicFields.php file to the m-plugins folder.

Any ideas?

Brandon

Jan 8, 2010, 9:29:36 PM1/8/10
to Magic Fields
I had the same errors and just edited the magicfields.php file to
include magic-fields lowercase instead of Magic-Files. Make sure it's
lowercase.

-Brandon

rjgrune

Jan 9, 2010, 9:59:44 AM1/9/10
to Magic Fields
That solved my installation error, thanks. Now I'm having the same
write panel problrem?

"I try to create a write panel, but when it forwards me to the next
page, the
write panel is empty. If I go back to the main plugin page, there are
no custom write panels. Here’s a video showing the bug. I know it’s
New Years Eve, but is there anyone who has seen this bug and fixed
it?"

http://screenr.com/xFS

I had this issue when I installed wrongly by not doing it in the wpmu
folder, now the same thing is happening. Exactly like your video.

rjgrune

Jan 9, 2010, 10:13:57 AM1/9/10
to Magic Fields
nvm. went to the settings and uninstnalled all the tables and retried
and it all works.