[Mountainbiking Association of Dublin] NPS 1, Castlewellan, 23rd April

Sean Downey

Apr 10, 2006, 10:10:16 AM4/10/06
to MAD
Hello to one and all,
As most of you should know by now, the XC season opener takes place on Sunday 23rd April in Castlewellan Forest Park in Co. Down, hosted by XMTB and we want all of you to get involved. It's going to be one of the biggest XC events of the year, with a UCI C2 ranking.
We're hoping to have a huge turnout from MAD to get our season off to a great start. There's a category for everybody from beginners right up to seasoned pros, including underage, juniors, sports, experts, masters, veterans or even elites if you think you're good enough!, so make sure you're there to get a piece of the action!
This means that we'll need to organise transport for all our racers and hopefully a few supporters too! If you are planning on coming, can you please email me  ( woohoo...@gmail.com  ) with:
-Name
-Email address
-Phone number
-Where you live
-Do you need a lift or can you give one?
-How many people and / or bikes you can accommodate if you have a car
-Are you racing or supporting?

I'll try to group people according to where they live / route to be taken for convenience.

Rules for going to races:
  • Passengers to bribe drivers with contribution to petrol and toll costs, also food and drink and especially post-race cake may be required
  • Driver chooses music. End of story* Music must be suitably inspiring for getting geared up for racing.
  • In lieu of music, driver may also instigate an engaging conversation. We're club mates after all. You might even find it easier to talk in a car than it is while grunting up Kilmashogue.
  • Bring a change of clothes and a towel, keep the car clean and smelling nice.
  • Supporters must be very vocal and encouraging. It doesn't matter if you're hoarse going into work the next day.
  • Supporters are not required to form groups of 3 and spell out M-A-D across their chests in paint, but it would be cool if they did. Make sure you get it in the right order though!
  • Water bottles to be handed to MAD members, thrown at non-MAD members**

Clauses: *Passengers may veto choice of music if (a) music is deemed to be not inspirational enough or causes passengers to fall asleep or (b) Music is by Westlife or Spice Girls.
**Friends of MAD excepted.

We may also organise a training spin over the Easter Weekend (either Saturday or Monday) to get everyone fine-tuned if there's interest?
Please get back to me as soon as possible so we can get transport sorted.
If you want to know anything else or even just have a friendly chat, just drop me a mail.

Many regards,
Sean