no duplicate records - asp

Alex

Feb 7, 2001, 12:08:41 PM2/7/01
Im trying to stop users inserting duplicate records into the database. At
the moment, it kicks out an error when I try to do this.
I've been told that this can be done using a stored procedure and an asp if
statement. But it appears to be very difficult.
Does anybody know a quick way of doing this, or can give me any more
details,
much appreciated
Alex

Robert Drayton

Feb 7, 2001, 12:12:17 PM2/7/01
http://www.hiran.desilva.com/ultradev

Hiran does this on his site.

--
Regards

Robert Drayton

Web Developer
Soft Solutions International

ICQ #97585821

rdra...@ssi-ltd.com
http://www.ssi-ltd.com

If at first you don't suceed.....Ask for help!! :-))

Time is Money....So save your time and give me your money ;)