Flash Player 8,0,24,0 ActiveX not working for limited user

69 Aufrufe
Direkt zur ersten ungelesenen Nachricht

PityTheFool

ungelesen,
14.03.2006, 23:33:2414.03.06
an
I upgraded the ActiveX control to version 8,0,24,0 because of the security
bulletin. Now it doesn't work for the limited user accounts on my Windows XP
machine. I think the installer is setting the wrong permissions on these
registry keys. The Administrator user can still use the ActiveX control. Please
help, this is a show stopper bug.

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{D27CDB70-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000}
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000}

PityTheFool

ungelesen,
15.03.2006, 23:51:4415.03.06
an
I can work around the problem by giving Read permissions to the Users and Power Users group, for those registry keys.

Bentley Wolfe [Adobe]

ungelesen,
16.03.2006, 08:34:5716.03.06
an
PityTheFool wrote:

> I can work around the problem by giving Read permissions to the Users and Power Users group, for those registry keys.

All users need permission to access c:\<winversion>\system32\macromed.
Beyond that I'm checking with engineering to see what else we might need
to advise on installing for limited users....

Bentley Wolfe
Senior Support Engineer, Flash/Flash Player
*Macromedia, now a division of Adobe Systems

jbeck...@powercreative.com

ungelesen,
16.03.2006, 11:47:2416.03.06
an
I had the same problem this morning and the same work around fixed it.
It appears the permissions are not being written correctly in the
registry?

JB

MikeyD2

ungelesen,
17.03.2006, 00:55:2417.03.06
an
I am also experiencing the same problem with 8.0.24.0 on a machine operating
under WIN XP(Home). It has screwed up the home page at Comcast.net for all the
limited user accounts on this family machine. At first I thought it was
Comcast's problem, but since the Administrator account works, clearly the
problem is with the new version. Version 8.0.22.0 worked fine. When will there
be a fix or a workaround? (I cannot even get a verification from the Macromedia
site that the player installed from a limited user account and the Comcast site
insists I should dowload Flash 7.) I would rather not fuss with the registry
until engineers are certain what is causing the problem.

jeremy_p

ungelesen,
17.03.2006, 15:19:2417.03.06
an
I just finished helping a limited user who still had flash 6 installed! Every
time I tried to get the flash player from the MM site it kept downloading the
most recent build of 6. I had this issue with a v7 user 2 days ago. My fix was
to sign on as admin and then go to windows update and apply ALL of the critical
updates. Then I rebooted, went to the MM about flash page and there is a link
on that page in the second paragraph for getting the player. I clicked it and
the updater worked. I think that the limited user account just wouldn't allow
updates and that combined with the lack of being current on windows updates
also must have been a culpret. Once I saw flash player v8.0.24 on the about
page, I signed out and the user signed back on and all was well after that.

I hope this was helpful.

jayvictor

ungelesen,
23.03.2006, 16:55:2423.03.06
an
Has there been an update to this issue? In an Administrator account, Flash
works fine. In a Limited account, Flash doesn't work. I really don't want to
mess with the registry unless no solution is forthcoming.

MikeyD2

ungelesen,
24.03.2006, 01:29:1024.03.06
an
No solution yet as of this date.

DSM

ungelesen,
24.03.2006, 06:08:4024.03.06
an
PityTheFool のメッセージ:

I looked at the permissions on these keys on my system, and sure
enough, "Everyone" has no read persmissions, "Users" have no entry at
all, and then there's a couple of groups I've never heard of:
"ANONYMOUS LOGON" and "RESTRICTED" -- RESTRICTED has read privileges.
I'm not sure what that is, but it doesn't apply to stand-alone Windows
XP machines.

Komputr

ungelesen,
24.03.2006, 11:11:5024.03.06
an
Is version 8,0,22,0 available for download anywhere so we can get our computers back in working order?
0 neue Nachrichten