Flash CS4 properties panel issues

sandesign

Nov 8, 2008, 1:52:45 AM11/8/08
Hi to all..

More issues with Flash CS4. The main problem I'm having is editing text. Every
time I try to edit some text, the application hangs 90% of the time. When I am
finally able to edit text, the properties panel begins acting odd. Some
options, like the paragraph ones, are only visible when I hover the mouse
cursor, otherwise it appears there's no icons.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance...

Windows Vista Home Premium 32bit
Intel Centrino Duo T2050 1.6 Ghz
2 Gb RAM
Nvidia GeForce 7600

Walter Elias

Nov 8, 2008, 3:40:34 AM11/8/08
What workspace are you using? When I set mine to "Animator", the the Library
becomes unusable. But if I switch to another workspace layout, the Library is
fine. Try switching to another Workspace layout and see what happens with the
Properties panel.

Meanwhile, it's obvious Flash CS4 is riddled with minor but annoying bugs.
let's hope Adobe changes the Macromedia-inherited policy of never releasing
patch updates to Flash.

sandesign

Nov 8, 2008, 10:13:05 PM11/8/08
I switched to other workspaces and there's no difference in the text properties
panel.

[URL=http://img356.imageshack.us/my.php?image=flashcs4bugpp1.jpg][IMG]http://img
356.imageshack.us/img356/7453/flashcs4bugpp1.th.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=http://g.ima
geshack.us/thpix.php][IMG]http://img356.imageshack.us/images/thpix.gif[/IMG][/UR
L]

Another thing is about closing files. Even closing the file from the tab, it
remains open. When I exit flash, a window reminds me If I want to save the file
I already closed (WTF?)...

Walter Elias

Nov 9, 2008, 2:15:45 AM11/9/08
That's the same as happens to me in the Library panel in Animator view.

Oh well, wait until Flash CS5. They'll fix it for the next release but never issue a point release bug fix.

n00ge

Nov 20, 2008, 3:44:05 PM11/20/08
I had the same issue. The properties panel wouldn't update properly.
Sometimes it wouldn't update at all. (eg: Still gives the textfield options
when selecting a movieclip). That isn't even the biggest issue though. It
keeps crashing on me regardless of whether I'm working in a CS3 or CS4 file.

flash...@gmail.com

Jan 15, 2009, 7:59:53 AM1/15/09

Hello Guys,

I have exactly the same problem...
Properties panel bug when I use the Text tool...
I cleaned my fonts folder, but nothing happen, no changes.
Last message about this topic was post on november 2008.
So... did someone found a solution for this issue ?

Thanks !

Felipe Ribeiro

Feb 10, 2009, 11:31:10 AM2/10/09
Hello Guys...

I have the same issue in the Animator workspace too and searching in
the web, i don't see any answer from Adobe about this.

So, waiting for the next version....

a link about this issues... (all that happen in my pc)

http://www.charks.net/2009/01/13/critical-errors-with-flash-cs4/

(note... i use WinXP Pro... this problem happens just in this
version?)

(sorry for the poor english... i'm Brazilian... )

Thanks!

john

Mar 12, 2009, 11:39:17 AM3/12/09

hi,

We resolved this by reducing the Windows fonts to the default list.
Try to reduce your fonts to the ones listed here:

TrueType fonts installed by Windows XP
http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/knowledgebase/index.cfm?id=326402

CS

Mar 12, 2009, 1:10:38 PM3/12/09
I had the same situation and found a working solution.

I removed all the fonts not listed on this site: (found by jhon)
http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalId=326402&sliceId=1

using this freeware: http://www.ampsoft.net/utilities/FontViewer.php

and now flash seems to work flawlessly!... at least for the font
property inspector.

Hope it helps. Best regards.