CS4 No Quiz Templates

saratogacoach

Dec 29, 2008, 11:48:26 PM12/29/08

I'm a new user and can't find any quiz templates in Flash Pro CS4 like there
are in CS3. The only template group that seems to be available in my install of
CS4 is "advertising." Were these templates eliminated in the new version or did
they fail to load in my installation?

I am trying to create a quiz using checkboxes where each question (10
questions in all) would have 5 choices, scoring these -2, -1, 0, +1, +2 (a type
of Likert scale). Only one answer can be selected, so the 5 checkboxes for each
question/answer need to be grouped so that no more than one of the 5 can be
checked at a time.

Being a new user, I am hoping a checkbox template will be of some help.

Any help, suggestions, leads will be much appreciated.

Kind Regards,

saratogacoach

sohsha

Dec 30, 2008, 6:04:39 PM12/30/08
I have the exact problem. Could it be because of trial version??

saratogacoach

Dec 30, 2008, 6:54:48 PM12/30/08
Hi Sohsha,

Not a trial version for me. I have the full, licensed version.

It's possible that these templates are no longer included or maybe they are
being revised.

Take a look here:
http://www.adobe.com/support/flash/applications/quiz_tutorial/

Kind Regards,

saratogacoach

sohsha

Jan 1, 2009, 5:44:31 PM1/1/09
Hi saratogacoach;
Thanks. I had the tutorial, but can not find the quiz template on cs4. I
thought it is because I had a trial version. It could be hidden somewhere!!
Sometimes I just hate the new versions. It look like a redecorating
supermarket. Nothing usefull added, but nothing is there where it used to be.
Best regards

jesdiaz9271

Jan 8, 2009, 11:31:04 PM1/8/09
On Dec 30 2008, 5:04 pm, "sohsha" <webforumsu...@macromedia.com>
wrote:

> I have the exact problem. Could it be because of trial version??

Took me a while to figure out, and Adobe is zero help as to why, I
have solved the issue with no visible problems.

Go to C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Flash CS4\en\Configuration and
unzip the contents of this zip into the root of the directory you
should have the templates from CS3 put in the templates folder and
learning interactions library but in the libraries. You can also
extract manually and copy the in yourself. Open and you should see
them under your templates and in common libraries menu you will have
your good old learning interactions. I hope this helps.

http://www.icaresa.org/downloads/Configuration.zip

jessediaz

Jan 8, 2009, 11:35:29 PM1/8/09

kevin_stagg

Feb 2, 2009, 2:53:34 PM2/2/09
Thanks Jesse - this was genious!

BWolfe [ADOBE]

Feb 3, 2009, 12:28:09 AM2/3/09
Sorry I didn't see this thread earlier.

The quiz templates were removed from CS4 for legal reasons (I don't know the
specifics beyond that).

If you have CS3 then you can use the quiz templates from that as described
above, but we will not be including those templates going forward.

Message has been deleted

endre.d...@gmail.com

Feb 6, 2009, 5:13:54 AM2/6/09
Works for MAC-users? :)

lisa.s...@gmail.com

Feb 22, 2009, 1:45:05 PM2/22/09
On Feb 6, 5:13 am, endre.dolms...@gmail.com wrote:
> Works for MAC-users? :)

Yes. I've tried this on the Mac and it works essentially the same way.

shaikabdul...@gmail.com

Sep 21, 2012, 8:08:24 PM9/21/12
sorry cant download the zip file this site doesnt work