Director 11 and actionscript 3

Ged_mc

Mar 17, 2008, 10:38:59 AM3/17/08
PLease can someone (at Adobe) confirm whether Director 11 supports Flash CS3
content with Actionscript 3. The feature list says: "Flash CS3 Professional,
including files using the ActionScript? 2.0 language." implying no - but this
seems unlikely given than AS3 has been out for one year plus.

multiduck

Mar 17, 2008, 11:41:59 AM3/17/08
This has been answered earlier, no AS3 support won't be in the initial release
of D11, maybe it will be in an update but it should probably be in D12. There
is some support for Flash CS3 in D11, check earlier posts for more information

Professor

Mar 18, 2008, 2:59:59 PM3/18/08
Hmmm.. this is sounding more and more like D10.5 versus D11

Robert Crowe

Jun 1, 2008, 6:18:48 PM6/1/08
This blows. I would love to use Flash CS3 with ActionScript 3.0 cast members
in Director, and I would love to use Flex 3 cast members as well. Having a
major release that we've been waiting for this long not support what would seem
to be no-brainer features blow heavily.

When can I expect this to be fixed?

Sean Wilson

Jun 1, 2008, 7:12:33 PM6/1/08
> When can I expect this to be fixed?

It's unlikely - unfortunate and inscrutable as it is - that Adobe will
change it's policy on Director and make *any* announcements about this
beyond "some time in the future"

Ged_mc

Jun 2, 2008, 3:23:29 AM6/2/08
The way to promote AIR is not to handcuff Director!

sky_008

Jun 3, 2008, 2:35:30 AM6/3/08
The flash player 10 is published,What time will director suport actionscript 3??? next version?update version??I only want to know the time. Who can tell me,thank.

Sean Wilson

Jun 3, 2008, 2:58:10 AM6/3/08
Again: the best you're going to get from Adobe - and they're the only
people able to say so - is "some time in the future"