k2server won't start

funkygirlAUCA

Jul 14, 2005, 1:03:47 PM7/14/05
We are trying to set up verity on a win2003 box with CFMX 6.1 running on top of
JRUN 4.

We have been able to get the a collection created but we can't get the
k2server to start. I can CREATE the server successfully and remove it
successfully but the server will not start.

i am running the following command from
C:\JRun4\servers\cfusion\cfusion-ear\cfusion-war\WEB-INF\cfusion\lib

net start k2server

here is the output:
The Verity K2Server (version 2.20pr6) service is starting.
The Verity K2Server (version 2.20pr6) service could not be started.

The service did not report an error

More help is available by typing NET HELPMSG 3534

We modified the .ini file as specified in the docs to point to the
jrun/..../cfusion/lib/common path.

when i just type k2server at the command prompt, i can see an error at the
bottom of the help documentation:

startServiceCtrlDispatcher failed: Incorrect function

BTW: NET HELPMSG 3534 just tells me that the service did not report an error.

anyone have any suggestions?

funkygirlAUCA

Jul 15, 2005, 11:03:26 AM7/15/05
*** UPDATE ***

After failing to start k2server.exe via the command prompt, we tried running
it (by double clicking on the exe) in windows explorer. We got the following
errors (and a blue screen of death when the server crashed)

c:\docume~1\xxx\locals~1\temp\1\WERe370.dir00\k2serverexe.mdmp
c:\docume~1\xxx\locals~1\temp\1\WERe370.dir00\appcompat.txt

Error Signature:

szApName: k2server.exe
szAppVer: 0.0.0.0
szModName: unknown
szModVer: 0.0.0.0
offset: 00000000

Error Signature:
BCCode: d1
BCP1: 00000000
BCP2: 00000002
BCP3: 00000001
BCP4: F76BE508
OSVer: 5_2_3790
SP: 1_0
Product: 272_3

Any ideas? Macromedia.... anyone....

djaeger

Sep 8, 2005, 2:24:21 PM9/8/05
Did you ever find a resolution to this problem? I am having the same issue.

funkygirlAUCA

Sep 13, 2005, 12:02:17 PM9/13/05
Sorry djaeger, no we didn't resolve the issue.

We switched our site to a different dev server and we got it working there.
However, we did have CFMX 7 (without JRUN) and windows2003 on the new server,
so the config of the server it works on is quite different from the one it
doesn't.

My colleague suspects that the problem was the verity version that comes with
cfmx 6.1 is incompatible with win2003. However, we don't really know and
haven't had the time to test different combinations of CF verity and the
windows OS.

Good luck! and if you do get it working, it would be great if you could post
since we'd be very interested in the resolution.

djaeger

Sep 13, 2005, 3:54:13 PM9/13/05
Problem Resolved -

Edit the startk2server.bat and fully qualify the path to the k2server.ini
file. The bat file should look like this:

set K2_MODE=SEARCH
k2server -inifile
c:\jrun4\servers\cfusion\cfusion-ear\cfusion-war\web-inf\cfusion\lib\k2server.in
i -verbose 2

funkygirlAUCA

Sep 13, 2005, 4:25:29 PM9/13/05
Thanks for posting your solution djaeger! We'll check it out....