Application Skeleton

neil.mi...@gmail.com

Jan 15, 2008, 9:55:35 AM1/15/08
to Mach-II for ColdFusion
Does anyone know where the app skeleton can be found now? I've looked
all over the website and can't find it anywhere.

I might just be blind though...

Neil

Brian Meloche

Jan 15, 2008, 10:02:43 AM1/15/08
to mach-ii-for...@googlegroups.com
http://www.mach-ii.com/code/MachII_Skeleton_1_1_1.zip, with a link to it on the code page.

http://www.brianmeloche.com/blog/
Adobe Community Expert:
http://www.adobe.com/communities/experts/members/BrianMeloche.html
Pownce:   http://pownce.com/bmeloche
User Group Manager,
Cleveland ColdFusion Users Group,
http://www.clevelandcfug.org
Co-Manager,
Cleveland Adobe Users Group,
http://www.clevelandmmug.org

Dan Wilson

Jan 15, 2008, 10:13:28 AM1/15/08
to mach-ii-for...@googlegroups.com
Neil, et al

This weekend, I put a MachII skeleton together for 1.5. Integrated is the new ColdSpring property manager and a cute little page to let you know it is all configured properly.

I haven't released it yet. Would you like to be the first tester?

Included in the attached zip is MachII1-5Skeleton. If you are able to give it a go, please report back any issues or items where your preference is different.

This goes for anyone else on the list also,

Dan Wilson
--
"Come to the edge, he said. They said: We are afraid. Come to the edge, he said. They came. He pushed them and they flew."

Guillaume Apollinaire quotes
MachII1-5Skeleton.zip

Neil Middleton

Jan 15, 2008, 10:29:26 AM1/15/08
to mach-ii-for...@googlegroups.com
I'll give it a bash

Cheers

Neil

erikh...@gmail.com

Jan 15, 2008, 1:00:48 PM1/15/08
to Mach-II for ColdFusion
Dan,

Works well.

Only two things that I noticed:

1. The MACHII_DTD_PATH was pointing to the old 1.1.1 dtd
2. What version of ColdSpring is required? I updated to the SVN
release and it worked, but previous release didn't

~Erik

On Jan 15, 10:13 am, "Dan Wilson" <sipac...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Neil, et al
>
> This weekend, I put a MachII skeleton together for 1.5. Integrated is the
> new ColdSpring property manager and a cute little page to let you know it is
> all configured properly.
>
> I haven't released it yet. Would you like to be the first tester?
>
> Included in the attached zip is MachII1-5Skeleton. If you are able to give
> it a go, please report back any issues or items where your preference is
> different.
>
> This goes for anyone else on the list also,
>
> Dan Wilson
>
> On Jan 15, 2008 7:02 AM, Brian Meloche <brianmelo...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> >http://www.mach-ii.com/code/MachII_Skeleton_1_1_1.zip, with a link to it
> > on the code page.
>
> > On Jan 15, 2008 9:55 AM, neil.middle...@gmail.com <
> > neil.middle...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > Does anyone know where the app skeleton can be found now? I've looked
> > > all over the website and can't find it anywhere.
>
> > > I might just be blind though...
>
> > > Neil
>
> > >http://www.brianmeloche.com/blog/
> > > Adobe Community Expert:
> > > <http://www.adobe.com/communities/experts/members/BrianMeloche.html>
> > >http://www.adobe.com/communities/experts/members/BrianMeloche.html
> > > Pownce: <http://pownce.com/bmeloche>http://pownce.com/bmeloche
> > > User Group Manager,
> > > Cleveland ColdFusion Users Group,
> > > <http://www.clevelandcfug.org>http://www.clevelandcfug.org
> > > Co-Manager,
> > > Cleveland Adobe Users Group,
> > > <http://www.clevelandmmug.org>http://www.clevelandmmug.org
>
> --
> "Come to the edge, he said. They said: We are afraid. Come to the edge, he
> said. They came. He pushed them and they flew."
>
> Guillaume Apollinaire quotes
>
> MachII1-5Skeleton.zip
> 14KDownload

Peter J. Farrell

Jan 15, 2008, 1:13:10 PM1/15/08
erikh...@gmail.com said the following on 1/15/2008 12:00 PM:

> 2. What version of ColdSpring is required? I updated to the SVN
> release and it worked, but previous release didn't

FYI, the ColdSpring Property is compatible with ColdSpring 1.2RC1 or
higher. It is not compatible with the 1.0 Final Stable Release. You
can get 1.2 RC1 here:
http://coldspringframework.org/index.cfm?objectid=2DD544DF-E8F4-83AA-E2D7FED1F1B53FAE

Or use the version controlled BER from CVS.

.pjf

Dan Wilson

Jan 15, 2008, 1:25:58 PM1/15/08
to mach-ii-for...@googlegroups.com
Eric,

Re: DTD.

 In the Application.cfc? It looks like I missed that one.

Which brings up a good point, In the XML files, I use <!DOCTYPE mach-ii PUBLIC "-//Mach-II//DTD Mach-II Configuration 1.5.0//EN" " http://svn.mach-ii.com/framework/1-5-0/trunk/mach-ii_1_5_0.dtd" >

I got that specific DTD from this post: http://blog.maestropublishing.com/index.cfm?mode=entry&entry=C1DA0A10-E139-A00A-49A341F4C0ED2E5B

Of course, that post is dated a year ago so there is probably a new and official version. Can someone supply the correct DTD?

Re:ColdSpring

I am personally using the BER. This should be released as final pretty soon. I don't know what the minimum version is that uses the new style of integration.  I did think it was helpful to show the new way of integrating with ColdSpring. I guess the old method should also be included in the MachII skeleton?  What do you think?

DW

Peter J. Farrell

Jan 15, 2008, 1:46:41 PM1/15/08
Dan Wilson said the following on 1/15/2008 12:25 PM:
Eric,

Re: DTD.

 In the Application.cfc? It looks like I missed that one.

Which brings up a good point, In the XML files, I use <!DOCTYPE mach-ii PUBLIC "-//Mach-II//DTD Mach-II Configuration 1.5.0//EN" " http://svn.mach-ii.com/framework/1-5-0/trunk/mach-ii_1_5_0.dtd" >

I got that specific DTD from this post: http://blog.maestropublishing.com/index.cfm?mode=entry&entry=C1DA0A10-E139-A00A-49A341F4C0ED2E5B

Of course, that post is dated a year ago so there is probably a new and official version. Can someone supply the correct DTD?
All stable/final DTDs are always located at:

http://www.mach-ii.com/dtds/

Directory listings are available for that directory -- so hitting that directory will give you a list of all the available DTDs

The latest DTD (1.5) is located here:
http://www.mach-ii.com/dtds/mach-ii_1_5_0.dtd

I've created a FAQ for this here:
http://greatbiztoolsllc-trac.cvsdude.com/mach-ii/wiki/FAQDTDLocation

.pjf

Dan Wilson

Jan 15, 2008, 1:55:36 PM1/15/08
to mach-ii-for...@googlegroups.com
Thank you Peter.

DW

Matt Williams

Jan 15, 2008, 2:06:13 PM1/15/08
to mach-ii-for...@googlegroups.com
Nice work Dan. This is much needed. May I suggest to include a readme
file that at least says to copy into a directory named MachIISkeleton
or alternatively to change the applicationRoot value in the
mach-ii.xml file?

Either that or make the name of the zip match the applicationRoot so
that when extracted to a web root, it just works.

Let's get these small tweaks done and beg Peter to include it on the M2 site.

--
Matt Williams
"It's the question that drives us."

Peter J. Farrell

Jan 15, 2008, 2:10:35 PM1/15/08
Matt Williams said the following on 1/15/2008 1:06 PM:

> Let's get these small tweaks done and beg Peter to include it on the M2 site.

Beg? Do you really think you'll have to beg? ;-)

I'll even throw it into version control and create a nice ANT script
installer while I'm at it! Plus, we can I use the new skeleton for 1.6.

.pjf

Dan Wilson

Jan 15, 2008, 2:16:56 PM1/15/08
to mach-ii-for...@googlegroups.com
So far, I have:

1) include the ColdSpring plugin for older versions
2) put the right DTD in place in the XML files and in Application.cfc
3) Add a readme or change the name of the root file in the zip

I can do this tonight. Are there any other changes folks would like to see?

DW

Guillaume Apollinaire quotes

Prem Radhakrishnan

Jan 15, 2008, 2:22:07 PM1/15/08
to mach-ii-for...@googlegroups.com
Great job Dan. This is really sweet.

Peter J. Farrell

Jan 15, 2008, 2:21:45 PM1/15/08
Dan Wilson said the following on 1/15/2008 1:16 PM:

> So far, I have:
>
> 1) include the ColdSpring plugin for older versions
Do you mean the XML or including the actual file? The old
ColdspringPlugin is still in the CS releases -- so if that is the case
-- it's not necessary to include the file. However, it's our
recommendation to not use the old ColdspringPlugin -- so it might be
best to make a note about it the skeleton and not include it.

> 2) put the right DTD in place in the XML files and in Application.cfc
Yep, sounds about right.

> 3) Add a readme or change the name of the root file in the zip
I'd just change the root directory -- the ANT script I'll write will pop
up a prompt asking you if you want to change the appRoot and will make
the change in the config file and change the directory name for you. Of
course the ANT script is optional to use, but it's so nifty!

.pjf

Paul Marcotte

Jan 15, 2008, 3:07:56 PM1/15/08
to mach-ii-for...@googlegroups.com
Great work, Dan!

Peter, if you think it's fine to have a skeleton in pre-release for 1.6, I can take Dan's final and convert the default event handler to the publish/subscribe format (leaving the original available but commented out) and update the DTD reference to 1.6.   That  might be helpful for folks wanting to get an early start on 1.6.  Any other updates to add that you can think of for a 1.6 skeleton?  That is, if a pre-release skeleton is okay. ;)

Paul

Brian Meloche

Jan 15, 2008, 3:17:20 PM1/15/08
to mach-ii-for...@googlegroups.com
I am glad someone got to do this.  I was going to try... but hadn't gotten a chance to.
--
Sincerely,

Brian Meloche
brianmeloche at gmail dot com
Blog:  http://www.brianmeloche.com/blog/
Pownce:   http://pownce.com/bmeloche

User Group Manager,
Cleveland ColdFusion Users Group,
http://www.clevelandcfug.org

erikh...@gmail.com

Jan 16, 2008, 10:15:12 AM1/16/08
to Mach-II for ColdFusion
Dan,

Just 2 and 3 really...and it will be great!

Thanks for doing this!

~Erik

Neil Middleton

Jan 16, 2008, 10:37:51 AM1/16/08
to mach-ii-for...@googlegroups.com
Just one tiny tiny tiny thing I have noticed. You don't have any
subroutines node in the config xml, everything else appears to be
there.
Having it in might help newbies pick up on this functionality.

Neil

Sean Corfield

Jan 20, 2008, 7:51:01 PM1/20/08
On Jan 15, 2008 10:00 AM, erikh...@gmail.com <erikh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> 2. What version of ColdSpring is required? I updated to the SVN
> release and it worked, but previous release didn't

ColdSpring 1.2 RC1 was released recently. I would hope it would with
that. What version did you try originally?
--
Sean A Corfield -- (904) 302-SEAN

-- Margaret Atwood

Neil Middleton

Jan 21, 2008, 11:01:55 AM1/21/08
to mach-ii-for...@googlegroups.com
If anyone's interested I've slapped together a build file (newapp.xml)
for the app skeleton which will create a copy of the skeleton in the
folder of your choice. Should be attached.

To run, just stick it in the skeleton, then in eclipse right click on
it, Run as Ant Build, and then follow what it asks for.

Neil

newapp.xml

jw...@wezbiz.com

Jan 21, 2008, 11:07:24 AM1/21/08
to mach-ii-for...@googlegroups.com

You would probably have to have people hit you up off list to get the file sent to them.  I don't think the mail list allows attachments,

JW

--- Quote ---
Learn to ask yourself at least three times through out your day, "Am I being productive or just active?", in order
to keep yourself on track to what produces effective results instead of just looking efficient.

"Neil Middleton" <neil.mi...@gmail.com>
Sent by: mach-ii-for...@googlegroups.com

01/21/2008 11:04

mach-ii-for...@googlegroups.com
cc
Subject
[Mach-II] Re: Application Skeleton

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!--                Neil Middleton (neil.mi...@gmail.com)                Jan 21 2008                1.5        App Skeleton builder -->
<project name="machii.newapp" default="generate" basedir=".">

                <!--Properties-->
                <property name="src.dir" value="." />

                <!-- Init task -->
                <target name="init">
                                 <input message="What is your application name?"
                                                  addproperty="app.name" />
                                 <input
                                                  message="What is the destination directory: (Ex:C:/inetpub/wwwroot)?"
                                                  addproperty="destination" />
                </target>

                <!--Generate-->
                <target name="generate" description="Generate the new skeleton"
                                 depends="init">
                                 <copy todir="${destination}/${app.name}">
                                                  <fileset dir="${src.dir}">
                                                                   <exclude name="${destination}" />
                                                                   <exclude name="newapp.xml" />
                                                  </fileset>
                                 </copy>
                                 <!--Replace AppName in Config -->
                                 <replace file="${destination}/${app.name}/config/mach-ii.xml"
                                                  value="${app.name}" summary="yes">
                                                  <replacetoken>MachIISkeleton</replacetoken>
                                 </replace>

                                 <echo message="Remember to setup a mapping for ${app.name} pointing to ${destination}\${app.name} if this application is not in the webroot" />
                </target>
</project>

Prem Radhakrishnan

Jan 21, 2008, 12:21:55 PM1/21/08
to mach-ii-for...@googlegroups.com
I got mine just fine :)
--
A programmer is a device to turn coffee into code

http://www.premsweb.com/blogpro

http://www.39degreesnorth.com

pe...@mach-ii.com

Jan 21, 2008, 12:23:21 PM1/21/08
to mach-ii-for...@googlegroups.com
Neil, I've started one for the skeleton, but send it along and I'll put it in svn when I commit it.

.Peter
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

Jan 21, 2008, 12:25:39 PM1/21/08
to mach-ii-for...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Neil,

This is added into the attached zip along with a sample subroutine. It seems we hit all the raised issues.

Here is a quick summary of the features of the Skeleton.

-Shows best practice for integrating with ColdSpring using the ColdSpringProperty.xml
-Will detect if you have ColdSpring installed correctly. If you do not, it will nag you.
-Shows how to use the subroutine feature of Mach-II 1.5 (thanks for the suggestion Neil)
-Shows a sample Listener and xml configuration
-Shows a sample Filter and xml configuration
-Shows a sample Plugin and xml configuration
-Has an ANT task for rapidly creating new applications (thanks again Neil)
-Points to correct Mach-II 1.5 DTD references

The newest files are zipped and attached. Here is a link for those who do not get attachments:

http://www.nodans.com/custom/machii/MachIISkeleton.zip

Peter, Is this ready for official inclusion?

DW

MachIISkeleton.zip

Peter J. Farrell

Jan 21, 2008, 1:43:08 PM1/21/08
to mach-ii-for...@googlegroups.com
Dan Wilson said the following on 1/21/2008 11:25 AM:
Yes, it is.  Yesterday I imported the skeleton in source code control and cleaned up a few things to match the project's internal coding guidelines.  I also made the "success" home page "pretty" (well, to the best of my abilities). ;-)

I need to add the ANT task as well and update it.  I'll even use regex to update the appName property in the config xml.  Also, I will rename the ANT file to build.xml as that is the standard naming convention for ANT build file.

.peter

phillips1021

Jan 22, 2008, 7:57:54 AM1/22/08
to Mach-II for ColdFusion

I am sooooo looking forward to using this to help me learn about Mach-
II 1.5's new features.