Mac OS X 10.6.1 + MacFUSE 2.1.5 (Beta) + Macfusion 2.0.3 minus sshnodelay.so - working with both SSHFS and CurlFtpFS

Graham Perrin

Sep 25, 2009, 11:07:18 AM9/25/09
to MacFusion-devel
I currently use:

* Mac OS X 10.6.1 Build 10B504
* MacFUSE 2.1.5 (Beta)
* Macfusion 2.0.3

Pending an update to Macfusion, I have removed sshnodelay.so as
suggested at
http://rackerhacker.com/2009/08/28/fix-macfusion-on-snow-leopard/

I can read from, and write to, volumes using CurlFtpFS.
For yourself you may verify this by enabling FTP within the Sharing
pane of System Preferences, then using Macfusion to connect to the
fully qualified domain name (FQDN) of your computer.

I can read from, and write to, volumes using SSHFS.
For yourself you may verify this by enabling Remote Login within the
Sharing pane of System Preferences, then using Macfusion to connect to
the FQDN of your computer.

If the FTP or SFTP service to which you connect (or try to connect)
has special requirements or restrictions, then you may encounter
difficulty with applications or connections.

Please, do not assume that MacFUSE or Macfusion are entirely
incompatible with Snow Leopard.

If you suspect an issue with Macfusion,
please follow advice at http://www.macfusionapp.org/support.html

If you suspect an issue with MacFUSE, on which Macfusion relies,
please follow advice at http://code.google.com/p/macfuse/

Thanks
Graham

seyDoggy

Sep 29, 2009, 11:22:40 AM9/29/09
to MacFusion-devel
Brilliant. this worked perfectly.

Adam

On Sep 25, 11:07 am, Graham Perrin <grahamper...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I currently use:
>
> * Mac OS X 10.6.1 Build 10B504
> * MacFUSE 2.1.5 (Beta)
> * Macfusion 2.0.3
>
> Pending an update to Macfusion, I have removed sshnodelay.so as
> suggested athttp://rackerhacker.com/2009/08/28/fix-macfusion-on-snow-leopard/
>
> I can read from, and write to, volumes using CurlFtpFS.
> For yourself you may verify this by enabling FTP within the Sharing
> pane of System Preferences, then using Macfusion to connect to the
> fully qualified domain name (FQDN) of your computer.
>
> I can read from, and write to, volumes using SSHFS.
> For yourself you may verify this by enabling Remote Login within the
> Sharing pane of System Preferences, then using Macfusion to connect to
> the FQDN of your computer.
>
> If the FTP or SFTP service to which you connect (or try to connect)
> has special requirements or restrictions, then you may encounter
> difficulty with applications or connections.
>
> Please, do not assume that MacFUSE or Macfusion are entirely
> incompatible with Snow Leopard.
>
> If you suspect an issue with Macfusion,
> please follow advice athttp://www.macfusionapp.org/support.html

michaelw

Oct 13, 2009, 10:12:07 PM10/13/09
to MacFusion-devel
I am still using MacFusion 1 beta, so I can use EncFS, which appears
to be working well in 10.6.1

I currently use
* Mac OS X 10.6.1
* MacFUSE-2.0.3,2.dmg
* MacFusion Version 1.2 Beta 3 (1.1.268)
* EncFS-10.5-2.0.0 (www.chuckknowsbest.com)
* EncFS.Fusion - 0.4.5 (www.chuckknowsbest.com)
* removed sshnodelay.so (see Graham Perrin's post above)

I also use SSH to mount remote volumes. Once I have done that I can
access the backup of the encrypted EncFS volume directly as an
alternative to accessing the local files.