Video recording / editing software

1 view

Mike Scott

Mar 24, 2017, 11:41:20 AM3/24/17
to AALUG Mailing List
Does anybody have a favorite open source video capture/editing program?
I'm looking for something like Audacity, but with video.
It would be ideal if it ran on Mac OSX as well as Windows, but I'll take
what I can get.
Thanks in advance.

=^.^=
Mike Scott

bil Jeschke

Mar 24, 2017, 11:47:47 AM3/24/17
to Linux Users Of Northern Illinois (Chicago) - Technical Discussion
I think OpenShot may be what you are looking for.

Carl Karsten

Mar 24, 2017, 12:02:57 PM3/24/17
to luni-c...@googlegroups.com
--
Carl K

Kevin Conder

Mar 25, 2017, 1:35:11 PM3/25/17
to Linux Users of Northern Illinois
I like Kdenlive.
https://kdenlive.org

When I used OpenShot, there wasn't a view of the audio waveforms available. That made it difficult to sync up externally recorded audio to the video clips. Kdenlive shows audio waveforms and also offers image stabilization.

However, I keep waiting for Kdenlive to handle LUTs so I easily match footage from different cameras. But I've pretty much given up and am considering buying a professional version of Lightworks. There's a free/Open Source version of Lightworks but it's limited to 720p output.
https://www.lwks.com/index.php?option=com_lwks&view=download&Itemid=206

Carl Karsten

Mar 26, 2017, 1:56:45 AM3/26/17
to luni-c...@googlegroups.com

On Sat, Mar 25, 2017 at 12:35 PM, Kevin Conder <denta...@gmail.com> wrote:
When I used OpenShot, there wasn't a view of the audio waveforms available

There is now, I've used it for that.

--
Carl K