mutt??

Gary Kline

Dec 27, 2007, 2:02:00 PM12/27/07
to freebsd-...@freebsd.org

I've been trtryinng to rebuild everything on tao to get my i810
graphics working. Somehow, mutt bbroke. It seems to break with
something undefined in perl5.8.

Anybody know what this is:

Undefined symbol "__sbmaskrune" ?

tia,

gary

PS: I get the same thing from building other versions of mutt, too.

--
Gary Kline kl...@thought.org www.thought.org Public Service Unix
http://jottings.thought.org http://transfinite.thought.org

Giorgos Keramidas

Dec 27, 2007, 3:49:00 PM12/27/07
to Gary Kline, freebsd-...@freebsd.org
On 2007-12-27 11:02, Gary Kline <kl...@tao.thought.org> wrote:
> I've been trtryinng to rebuild everything on tao to get my i810
> graphics working. Somehow, mutt bbroke. It seems to break with
> something undefined in perl5.8.
>
> Anybody know what this is:
> Undefined symbol "__sbmaskrune" ?

That's odd. The mutt-devel port (which I am using to type and post this
message) does not seem to depend on Perl:

% $ pkg_info -r mutt\*
% Information for mutt-devel-...
%
% Depends on:
% Dependency: ispell-3.2.06_18
% Dependency: mime-support-3.39.1
% Dependency: libiconv-1.11_1
% Dependency: gettext-0.16.1_3
%
% $

Matthew Seaman

Dec 27, 2007, 4:46:43 PM12/27/07
to Giorgos Keramidas, Gary Kline, freebsd-...@freebsd.org

Roland Smith

Dec 27, 2007, 5:00:11 PM12/27/07
On Thu, Dec 27, 2007 at 11:02:00AM -0800, Gary Kline wrote:

> I've been trtryinng to rebuild everything on tao to get my i810
> graphics working. Somehow, mutt bbroke. It seems to break with
> something undefined in perl5.8.

I don't think it is perl; mutt doesn't depend on it.

> Anybody know what this is:
>
> Undefined symbol "__sbmaskrune" ?
>
> tia,

If you google for __sbmaskrune, you'll find this;
http://bsdpants.blogspot.com/2007/11/yuck-undefined-symbol-sbmaskrune.html

Looks like you'll have to update the base system to a state after the
following commit;
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/cvs-src/2007-November/084046.html

Roland
--
R.F.Smith http://www.xs4all.nl/~rsmith/
pgp: 1A2B 477F 9970 BA3C 2914 B7CE 1277 EFB0 C321 A725 (KeyID: C321A725)

per...@pluto.rain.com

Dec 27, 2007, 5:22:32 PM12/27/07
to kl...@tao.thought.org, kera...@ceid.upatras.gr, freebsd-...@freebsd.org
Giorgos Keramidas <ceid.upatras.gr!kera...@agora.rdrop.com> wrote:

> On 2007-12-27 11:02, Gary Kline <kl...@tao.thought.org> wrote:
> > I've been trtryinng to rebuild everything on tao to get my i810
> > graphics working. Somehow, mutt bbroke. It seems to break with
> > something undefined in perl5.8.
> >
> > Anybody know what this is:
> > Undefined symbol "__sbmaskrune" ?
>
> That's odd. The mutt-devel port (which I am using to type
> and post this message) does not seem to depend on Perl:

Last time I recall seeing a symbol name ending in "rune" it
had something to do with handling charsets and/or locales.

Gary Kline

Dec 27, 2007, 7:47:04 PM12/27/07
to per...@pluto.rain.com, kera...@ceid.upatras.gr, kl...@tao.thought.org, freebsd-...@freebsd.org
According to per...@pluto.rain.com:

I saw that "rune" ending. perl5.8 wasn't it; more of the error
output pointed at one of the autoconfig's v 19 in devel. I had
troubles there, so wound up swapping "host foo" { .... }; in my
DNS server to reroute mail to my new ``tao''. Some troubles
with dhcp, but hopefully nothing thaat serious. Am upgrading my
older tao....

Gary Kline

Dec 27, 2007, 7:56:14 PM12/27/07
to Matthew Seaman, Giorgos Keramidas, Gary Kline, freebsd-...@freebsd.org
According to Matthew Seaman:

Thanks lots, Matthew. I cvsup'd before my rebuild. I'm
running 6.2 or later everywhere. Hopefully up rebuilds
will straighten things out.

gary