ext3

0 vue

Viktor Penkov

non lue,
9 mars 2008, 07:41:5409/03/2008
à freebsd-questions
Hi everybody!!!I've installed the new release of fbsd, but I can't mount my
ext3 partitions.can somebody help me with this?
best regards

Manolis Kiagias

non lue,
9 mars 2008, 08:23:1409/03/2008
à Viktor Penkov,freebsd-questions

Have a look at

man 5 ext2fs

for instructions.

You will have to mount ext3 as ext2. This is possible as long as the
ext3 filesystem is not "dirty" (i.e. the journal is clean, meaning the
volume was properly dismounted last time you used it). Mind you, IIRC,
if you write something to the disk while it is mounted as ext2, it will
probably go through a long fsck next time you reboot into Linux
(assuming you are sharing this partition between Linux and FreeBSD).

Josh Paetzel

non lue,
9 mars 2008, 11:34:4909/03/2008
à freebsd-...@freebsd.org,Manolis Kiagias,Viktor Penkov
On Sunday 09 March 2008 07:23:14 am Manolis Kiagias wrote:
> Viktor Penkov wrote:
> > Hi everybody!!!I've installed the new release of fbsd, but I can't mount
> > my ext3 partitions.can somebody help me with this?
> > best regards

> Have a look at
>
> man 5 ext2fs
>
> for instructions.
>
> You will have to mount ext3 as ext2. This is possible as long as the
> ext3 filesystem is not "dirty" (i.e. the journal is clean, meaning the
> volume was properly dismounted last time you used it). Mind you, IIRC,
> if you write something to the disk while it is mounted as ext2, it will
> probably go through a long fsck next time you reboot into Linux
> (assuming you are sharing this partition between Linux and FreeBSD).

This may be mentioned in the manpage, but in case it's not, sysutils/e2fsprogs
is an invaluable tool for those wishing to deal with ext[2|3]fs on FreeBSD.

--
Thanks,

Josh Paetzel

PGP: 8A48 EF36 5E9F 4EDA 5A8C 11B4 26F9 01F1 27AF AECB

signature.asc
0 nouveau message