7.0 RC1 snd_hda headset sound only

Oleksandr Rudyk

Jan 14, 2008, 2:10:57 PM1/14/08
to freebsd-...@freebsd.org
Hi all

I have installed 7.0 RC1 on my Dell XPS m1330 with Sigmatel HDA sound.
snd_hda driver was patched with this
http://people.freebsd.org/~ariff/README<http://people.freebsd.org/%7Eariff/README>instructions.

But still have audio only in headset and no sound on internal speakers.

Any suggestions

Thx

lveax

Jan 14, 2008, 8:04:49 PM1/14/08
to Oleksandr Rudyk, freebsd-...@freebsd.org
try to add
hint.pcm.0.config="gpio0"

to your /boot/loader.conf

that w

Oleksandr Rudyk

Jan 15, 2008, 1:00:25 PM1/15/08
to freebsd-...@freebsd.org
I added

hint.pcm.0.config="gpio0 gpio1 gpio2 gpio3 gpio4"

to /boot/device.hints and sound work with internal speakers.
But now plugin headset doesnt mute speakers, but this is
another problem and I already found how to fix it

rafael....@gmail.com

Feb 19, 2008, 12:06:29 PM2/19/08
On Jan 15, 3:00 pm, "Oleksandr Rudyk" <alex.ru...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I added
>
> hint.pcm.0.config="gpio0 gpio1 gpio2 gpio3 gpio4"
>
> to /boot/device.hints and sound work with internal speakers.
> But now plugin headset doesnt mute speakers, but this is
> another problem and I already found how to fix it

How you solved it?