Re: Here we go again: mplayer 1.0 rc2, please test

Thomas Zander

Nov 11, 2007, 1:49:03 AM11/11/07
to p...@freebsd.org, freebs...@freebsd.org
Hi Pav,

On 27/10/2007, Pav Lucistnik <p...@freebsd.org> wrote:

> It have troubles compiling assembly on amd64 in h264.c:

Could you do me a favour and have a quick look into this? I do not
have an amd64 machine running FreeBSD currently. There were a few
postings to ffmpeg mailing list in August with this exact problem, but
nobody came up with a solution:
http://lists.mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/ffmpeg-user/2007-August/010874.html
http://lists.mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/ffmpeg-user/2007-August/011084.html
However, since the ffmpeg mailing list is not filling up with messages
like this right now, maybe a more recent version compiles.
I'd suggest to replace h264.c and/or the included headers by
up-to-date versions from svn.

Thanks in advance,
Riggs

Thomas Zander

Nov 11, 2007, 2:57:06 AM11/11/07
to freebs...@freebsd.org
On 27/10/2007, Thomas Zander <thomas....@googlemail.com> wrote:

> here is an updated tarball that hopefully fixes the dvd and livemedia
> problems that occurred with the last preview:

http://www.rrr.de/~riggs/mplayer/m20071111.tar.bz2

This one should fix the bt848 problem. (At least it compiles with the
bt848 module now.)
Dear bt848 owners, please confirm.

Please don't hesitate to send reports and patches.

TIA,
Riggs

Pav Lucistnik

Nov 11, 2007, 9:50:35 AM11/11/07
to Thomas Zander, freebs...@freebsd.org
Thomas Zander píše v ne 11. 11. 2007 v 14:49 +0800:

That assembly comes from cabac.h file, which is identical in SVN to the
version in port. I also tried replacing h264.c and h264.h, with no
visible change.

--
Pav Lucistnik <p...@oook.cz>
I have a quantum car. Every time I look at the speedometer I get lost...

signature.asc

Pav Lucistnik

Nov 14, 2007, 2:42:57 PM11/14/07
to Jung-uk Kim, Thomas Zander, freebs...@freebsd.org
Jung-uk Kim píše v st 14. 11. 2007 v 14:18 -0500:

> FYI, I built it on amd64 -CURRENT with attached patches. Inline
> assembly in cabac.h generates invalid instructions for amd64. The
> Makefile patch disables it. Also, sysdep/pci_x86.c works fine on
> amd64 and linker fails without it.

Groove, the libavcodec-Makefile fixed build on my amd64/6-stable too.

> Compiler did not align stack variables. Libavcodec has been miscompiled
> and may be very slow or crash. This is not a bug in libavcodec,
> but in the compiler. You may try recompiling using gcc >= 4.2.
> Do not report crashes to FFmpeg developers.

Scary :)

Fixes I noticed since rc1:
- DTS audio on certain HD DVD content now decoded properly
- WMV/VC-1 video problems fixed

Can't test win32 codecs audio sync problem here (amd64 - no wine)

Generally, I like it.

--
Pav Lucistnik <p...@oook.cz>

I want to earn the right to be obnoxious before I'm too bitter to really
enjoy it. -- Able

signature.asc

Thomas Zander

Nov 14, 2007, 8:47:44 PM11/14/07
to Jung-uk Kim, p...@freebsd.org, freebs...@freebsd.org
On 15/11/2007, Jung-uk Kim <jk...@freebsd.org> wrote:

> FYI, I built it on amd64 -CURRENT with attached patches. Inline
> assembly in cabac.h generates invalid instructions for amd64. The
> Makefile patch disables it. Also, sysdep/pci_x86.c works fine on
> amd64 and linker fails without it.

This is great! If you don't have objections, I am going to include
these fixes and prepare a new tarball for testing on the weekend.

Riggs

Jung-uk Kim

Nov 14, 2007, 2:18:50 PM11/14/07
to freebs...@freebsd.org, p...@freebsd.org, Thomas Zander
On Sunday 11 November 2007 09:50 am, Pav Lucistnik wrote:
> Thomas Zander p紫e v ne 11. 11. 2007 v 14:49 +0800:

> > Hi Pav,
> >
> > On 27/10/2007, Pav Lucistnik <p...@freebsd.org> wrote:
> > > It have troubles compiling assembly on amd64 in h264.c:
> >
> > Could you do me a favour and have a quick look into this? I do
> > not have an amd64 machine running FreeBSD currently. There were a
> > few postings to ffmpeg mailing list in August with this exact
> > problem, but nobody came up with a solution:
> > http://lists.mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/ffmpeg-user/2007-August/01087
> >4.html
> > http://lists.mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/ffmpeg-user/2007-August/01108
> >4.html However, since the ffmpeg mailing list is not filling up

> > with messages like this right now, maybe a more recent version
> > compiles. I'd suggest to replace h264.c and/or the included
> > headers by up-to-date versions from svn.
>
> That assembly comes from cabac.h file, which is identical in SVN to
> the version in port. I also tried replacing h264.c and h264.h, with
> no visible change.

FYI, I built it on amd64 -CURRENT with attached patches. Inline

assembly in cabac.h generates invalid instructions for amd64. The
Makefile patch disables it. Also, sysdep/pci_x86.c works fine on
amd64 and linker fails without it.

Jung-uk Kim

patch-libavcodec-Makefile
patch-vidix-pci.c

Thomas Zander

Nov 18, 2007, 1:41:41 AM11/18/07
to freebs...@freebsd.org
Hi,

http://www.rrr.de/~riggs/mplayer/m20071118.tar.bz2

includes all the suggestions and fixes I have received so far,
including Jung-uk Kim's solution to enable amd64 builds again.

Please test and comment.

TIA,
Riggs

Hyogeol Lee

Nov 18, 2007, 10:15:29 AM11/18/07
to freebs...@freebsd.org

Pav Lucistnik

Nov 18, 2007, 3:11:54 PM11/18/07
Thomas Zander píše v ne 18. 11. 2007 v 14:41 +0800:

> http://www.rrr.de/~riggs/mplayer/m20071118.tar.bz2
>
> includes all the suggestions and fixes I have received so far,
> including Jung-uk Kim's solution to enable amd64 builds again.

Looks good here.

--
Pav Lucistnik <p...@oook.cz>

KDE is for the techies who feel they can't be productive without being
able to control the exact amount of bevel in their window frames in 2%
increments.

signature.asc

Thomas Zander

Nov 19, 2007, 8:14:40 AM11/19/07
to freebs...@freebsd.org
And another one,

http://www.rrr.de/~riggs/mplayer/m20071119.tar.bz2

is mostly identical to yesterday's version, but contains Eugene's
patch to enable AMR audio codec support.
I believe we can send-pr this version unless nobody discovers showstoppers.

Riggs