Release 0.9

Alan Ruttenberg

Apr 6, 2007, 1:02:13 AM4/6/07
to lsw-d...@googlegroups.com
There's a new release of LSW.

http://svn.mumble.net:8080/svn/lsw/tags/release-0.9/

tarball is at http://sw.neurocommons.org/software/lsw09.tgz

you may need to
chmod +x bin/*

There are new startup commands:

"bin/lsw" starts up the lisp with lsw loaded.
"bin/browse uri" opens 2 windows, one with a classtree view and one
with a propertytree view. (you need to (quit) at the prompt - it
doesn't quit when all the windows close).
You can also do "bin/browse uri 6" to have the initial depth of the
tree be 6 instead of the default 3.
Mousing over the class names will show a tooltip with hopefully
useful information.
Command click fits everything into the window. Dragging the mouse
while holding command click dynamically zooms in and out.

(if you are running in windows then you'll need to translate the
script to a .bat. If you do, please send it to me :)

If you know of some way to generate a pdf or svg from the swing view,
I'd be interested in the code, and could incorporate it.

If for some reason you have any trouble with these instructions,
please reply with information and I'll help figure out how to fix them.
Also interested in any glitches you find, or suggestions for
improvement. (yes, I know documentation would be a big improvement)

Regards,

-Alan

Chimezie Ogbuji

Apr 8, 2007, 11:29:11 AM4/8/07
to lsw-d...@googlegroups.com
Hey Alan. Trying to use lsw for the first time and ran into some problems.

> "bin/lsw" starts up the lisp with lsw loaded.

I ran this and got the following error message:

chimezie@otherland:~/workspace/LSW-release-0.9$ ./bin/lsw
java -server -Xmx1024m -Xss4M -cp
lib/jscheme.jar:lib/bsh-2.0b4.jar:lib/abcl.jar org.armedbear.lisp.Main
--load scripts/system-registry.lisp --load scripts/lsw-startup.lisp
Armed Bear Common Lisp 0.0.10+
Java 1.5.0_08 Sun Microsystems Inc.
Java HotSpot(TM) Server VM
Low-level initialization completed in 0.431 seconds.
Startup completed in 2.385 seconds.
If you don't know what this means you can ignore it:
ABCL source code meta-point information out of sync. Make sure you
have the source code
installed, then set up the logical host ABCL-SRC to point the src
directory under j, e.g.:

(setf (logical-pathname-translations "abcl-src")
(system::backq-list (system::backq-list "**;*.*"
(make-pathname :directory
(append
(pathname-directory "~/repos/j/src/")

'(:wild-inferiors))
:name
:wild
:type
:wild))))
Then call (fix-abcl-src-pointers). You can do this in your .abclrc file.
Source code info available at http://sourceforge.net/cvs/?group_id=55057
Error loading /home/chimezie/workspace/LSW-release-0.9/owl/tests/test-suite.abcl
at line 36 (offset 2673)
Debugger invoked on condition of type FILE-ERROR:
The file #P"/home/chimezie/workspace/lsw-release-0.9/owl/tests/reactome-109581-apoptosis-2006-05-05.owl"
does not exist.

I was running from the release tag checked out of svn:

http://svn.mumble.net:8080/svn/lsw/tags/release-0.9/

Do I need the tarball instead?

Chimezie Ogbuji

Apr 8, 2007, 11:31:11 AM4/8/07
to lsw-d...@googlegroups.com
BTW, I was able to confirm that the file was there:

chimezie@otherland:~/workspace/LSW-release-0.9$ ls
owl/tests/reactome-109581-apoptosis-2006-05-05.owl
owl/tests/reactome-109581-apoptosis-2006-05-05.owl

Alan Ruttenberg

Apr 8, 2007, 6:57:01 PM4/8/07
to lsw-d...@googlegroups.com
The only think I can see is that the directory name in the below has
capitalized "LSW" versus lowercase "lsw" in the error.

Debugger invoked on condition of type FILE-ERROR:
The file #P"/home/chimezie/workspace/lsw-release-0.9/owl/tests/
reactome-109581-apoptosis-2006-05-05.owl"
does not exist.

Could you rename the directory lowercase and see if that fixes the
problem?

Thanks,
Alan