Car Break-in

Carol Ellen Berberich

May 1, 2012, 12:37:52 AM5/1/12
to Lowerhaight

I wanted to spread the word that my car got broke into last night. I also know there were others that were hit recently in our area. They broke the passenger window and rummaged through the glove box, center console, and ash tray. Luckily I didn't have anything of value in my car for them to steal so they didn't get anything. I posted fliers on some cars on the street to spread the word, posted on https://haighthayes.nextdoor.com, and thought I would post on this mailing list, as well. (flier attached). I would suggest not to leave any valuables in your car and post the note in your car if you want (see flier). It can't hurt. It happened on the corner of Webster & Waller. If anyone knows anything or heard anything, please let me know.

I've lived in this neighborhood over three years and haven't really had any issues with crime. Is it me or does this neighborhood seem to be getting more unsafe? I would love to hear anyone's feedback.

thanks,
Carol
Car Break-in Flier.pdf

Matt Bowman

May 1, 2012, 11:19:57 AM5/1/12
to lowerha...@googlegroups.com
Unfortunately I had a very similar experience to Carol.  This morning I found my car with a broken passenger window and stuff from the glove box and center console strewn about the front of the car.  The car was parked on Hermann between Laguna and Buchanan.  It appears that only my vehicle was broken into on the block.  There was nothing left out in the open to trigger a break-in.

-Matt

Matthew M Bowman
phone #: (415) 617-5752
email: matthew....@gmail.com

Shaun Meoak

May 1, 2012, 11:27:39 AM5/1/12
to lowerha...@googlegroups.com
My vehicle has been broken into twice in the last three months. Both times the vehicle was parked on the 500 block of Waller. In once instance, they found my GPS in the center cosole. The second time nothing was taken but they broke two windows and scratched up the side of the car.

-Shaun

vallie brown

May 1, 2012, 11:44:15 AM5/1/12
to lowerha...@googlegroups.com
Something seems to be up with the car break-ins? 'I've heard from many people in the last few weeks that their car were broken into but there was nothing in the car to steal? The one thing that's consistent is the perps are going through the glove boxes, sometimes taking the car's registration....do they want information from the cars registration or insurance info? What could they gain from that information?

leil...@gmail.com

May 1, 2012, 3:24:45 PM5/1/12
to lowerhaight.org
I've been a victim twice as well. I have an old Toyota Corolla with
absolutely nothing of value inside. I love our neighborhood, but
break-ins like this are so discouraging.

On May 1, 8:44 am, vallie brown <ltlvbr...@earthlink.net> wrote:
> Something seems to be up with the car break-ins? 'I've heard from many people in the last few weeks that their car were broken into but there was nothing in the car to steal? The one thing that's consistent is the perps are going through the glove boxes, sometimes taking the car's registration....do they want information from the cars registration or insurance info? What could they gain from that information?
>
> On May 1, 2012, at 8:27 AM, Shaun Meoak wrote:
>

> > My vehicle has been broken into twice in the last three months. Both times the vehicle was parked on the 500 block of Waller. In once instance, they found my GPS in the center cosole. The second time nothing was taken but they broke two windows and scratched up the side of the car.
>
> > -Shaun
>
> > On Tue, May 1, 2012 at 8:19 AM, Matt Bowman <matthew.m.bow...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Unfortunately I had a very similar experience to Carol.  This morning I found my car with a broken passenger window and stuff from the glove box and center console strewn about the front of the car.  The car was parked on Hermann between Laguna and Buchanan.  It appears that only my vehicle was broken into on the block.  There was nothing left out in the open to trigger a break-in.
>
> > -Matt
>
> > On Mon, Apr 30, 2012 at 9:37 PM, Carol Ellen Berberich <carolellenberber...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > I wanted to spread the word that my car got broke into last night. I also know there were others that were hit recently in our area. They broke the passenger window and rummaged through the glove box, center console, and ash tray. Luckily I didn't have anything of value in my car for them to steal so they didn't get anything. I posted fliers on some cars on the street to spread the word, posted onhttps://haighthayes.nextdoor.com, and thought I would post on this mailing list, as well. (flier attached). I would suggest not to leave any valuables in your car and post the note in your car if you want (see flier). It can't hurt. It happened on the corner of Webster & Waller. If anyone knows anything or heard anything, please let me know.
>
> > I've lived in this neighborhood over three years and haven't really had any issues with crime. Is it me or does this neighborhood seem to be getting more unsafe? I would love to hear anyone's feedback.
>
> > thanks,
> > Carol
>
> > --
>
> > --
> > Matthew M Bowman
> > phone #: (415) 617-5752
> > email: matthew.m.bow...@gmail.com

Carol Berberich

May 2, 2012, 12:32:32 AM5/2/12
to lowerhaight.org
Hi Everyone, thanks for all your feedback. I hope there were police
reports made for all these incidents. If we report the crimes then the
police have written documentation on the problems we've been having. I
hope they start patrolling more often and can nab the little fucks
responsible for this. Also, maybe putting the note in your car might
help (couldn't hurt, I did with the hopes of deterring) so it doesn't
get broken into again. If anyone has any other ideas on how to keep
our neighborhood safe, please speak up! Thanks again....

On Apr 30, 9:37 pm, Carol Ellen Berberich
<carolellenberber...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I wanted to spread the word that my car got broke into last night. I also know there were others that were hit recently in our area. They broke the passenger window and rummaged through the glove box, center console, and ash tray. Luckily I didn't have anything of value in my car for them to steal so they didn't get anything. I posted fliers on some cars on the street to spread the word, posted onhttps://haighthayes.nextdoor.com, and thought I would post on this mailing list, as well. (flier attached). I would suggest not to leave any valuables in your car and post the note in your car if you want (see flier). It can't hurt. It happened on the corner of Webster & Waller. If anyone knows anything or heard anything, please let me know.
>
> I've lived in this neighborhood over three years and haven't really had any issues with crime. Is it me or does this neighborhood seem to be getting more unsafe? I would love to hear anyone's feedback.
>
> thanks,
> Carol
>
>  Car Break-in Flier.pdf
> 46KViewDownload

Mike Heylin

May 5, 2012, 8:58:35 PM5/5/12
to lowerhaight.org
I spotted another smashed window breakin yesterday, May 4th on my 400
block of Waller Street. Not a fancy car at all, but the glovebox was
open and of course the glass was all over the sidewalk and seat.

Very hard to prevent these things unless everyone had a garage, but it
does seem to be random and makes no sense at all.

On May 1, 9:32 pm, Carol Berberich <carolellenberber...@yahoo.com>