For Your Review: FQMHAMD Management & Operations Plan as approved on 9/7/10

lunanola

Sep 12, 2010, 5:37:20 PM9/12/10
to Lower Quarter Citizens Against Crime
The French Quarter/Marigny Historic Area Management District (FQMHAMD)
Board of Commissioners met on Tuesday, 9/7/10. The Board of
Commissioners who were present voted unanimously to approve the
"Management and Operations Plan" document presented by Alan Williams
of GCR & Associates, Inc.

FQMHAMD Chair Darryl Berger, Sr. stated, "I hope it resonates with
those who care to read it." FQMHAMD Vice Chair Kim W. Rosenberg stated
that the approved revised version of the document would be posted to
the http://www.fqmhd.com website, however, this has not yet occurred.

I attended this meeting and received a printed copy of the revised
"Management and Operations Plan" document. Regardless of how one feels
about the plan, it should be available for public review at this time,
as the property owners and residents of the security district will be
voting on the security district property tax measure on Saturday,
10/2/10 (in less than three weeks' time). With this in mind, I have
scanned my copy of the revised Plan document and have made it
available at a free download website online.

This document was approved by the FQMHAMD Board of Commissioners
almost a week ago, yet it is not publicly available for review on
their website. In the time since that meeting, the FQMHAMD has issued
a lengthy and detailed rebuttal to a recent VCPORA email blast on this
subject ("Misinformation in VCPORA's 'Information about FQMHAMD Taxing
District' dated 9/3/2010") and has also sent out a mass mailing to
residents of the taxing district (a mailing which states "For more
information, visit http://www.fqmhd.com"). However, the original
version of the document from April 2010 is still posted to the website
and states that the revised version would be available on or before
9/1/2010. It is unfortunate that updating the link on the FQMHAMD
website to provide the most current Plan document has not occurred to
date.

From page 5 of the revised "Management and Operations Plan":

"The FQMHAMD will operate transparently. The District will serve as a
reliable source of public information concerning the needs of the
District, indicators of safety, and the performance of FQMHAMD
operations."

Wouldn't the prompt sharing of this document with the members of the
District have been reassuring with regard to transparency?

I will be issuing an updated version of the Opposition Statement I
wrote during August 2010 shortly; in the interim, I have opted to make
the revised and Board-approved "Management and Operations Plan"
available for your review and consideration.

(1) Please click on or paste the following link into your web
browser's address window: http://bit.ly/cC276B

(2) Click on the blue "Download Now" button

(3) Wait approximately one minute for the download link to appear

(4) Click on the blue "Download file now" link to download or view the
"Final FQMHAMD Mgmt & Ops Plan 9-7-2010.pdf" scanned document.

I apologize for the large size of the file (26.1 MB); unfortunately,
even with compression being utilized, the document is far larger due
to the scanning process than it would have been if the PDF file had
been generated from an electronic version of the document.