hosting instructions

gekong

Jan 23, 2010, 1:49:07 AM1/23/10
to Lovd by Less
Hi,
I just realized the running lovd on hostmonster is not an easy task.
would anyone have links or set of links where we can find specific
instructions on how to install lovd on our hosting platforms?
anyone?
hostmonster
dreamhost
etc.
thanks for the replies in advance.

Imran Anwar

Jan 24, 2010, 5:40:47 PM1/24/10
to lovdb...@googlegroups.com
I'm a novice, and was able to simply follow the READ ME file to install LBL on my hostgator account.

Where I had to give up was where the search capabilities of LBL will not work because my otherwise decent ISP hostgator won't allow the required gem to be installed. So, I do not recommend hostgator to people anymore.

Best way is to read the list of dependencies or email your WHP if they will allow or already have those running, then simply follow the instructions.

All the best

Imran

> --
> Who loves ya baby?

Jason Keenan

Jan 26, 2010, 11:33:02 PM1/26/10
to lovdb...@googlegroups.com

Sphinx search is a pain on a shared server. I managed to get it compiled on
Hostmonster with some modifications to the instructions but had
difficulties keeping it running. If you go here
http://groups.google.com/group/lovdbyless/browse_thread/thread/c9edc712aacadb78/72632253286b8f68?lnk=gst&q=sphinx#72632253286b8f68
you'll find the alternate make instructions.

Hope that helps

Raavin

On Sun, 24 Jan 2010 17:40:47 -0500, Imran Anwar <imran...@gmail.com>

Angelo Tobes