Backported mips getcontext to glibc 2.9

Zhang Le

Apr 23, 2009, 4:25:35 AM4/23/09
to loongs...@googlegroups.com
http://www.gentoo-cn.org/gitweb/?p=loongson.git;a=blob;f=sys-libs/glibc/files/glibc-mips-getcontext.patch;h=72520a7d4f70e9951b82ba404cdd7d2d25caea39;hb=b626fb251b8e5ddea692d7de8c80784f49e4f318

This patch just got merged in glibc trunk. So I backported it.

For gentoo loongson overlay users, please git pull and emerge =glibc-2.9_p20090420

IIRC, wvdail (or wvstreams?) need it.

For more info, please refer to man getcontext and man makecontext.

--
Zhang, Le
Gentoo/Loongson Developer

Erwan Lerale

Apr 23, 2009, 2:07:12 PM4/23/09
to loongs...@googlegroups.com
Zhang Le wrote:
> http://www.gentoo-cn.org/gitweb/?p=loongson.git;a=blob;f=sys-libs/glibc/files/glibc-mips-getcontext.patch;h=72520a7d4f70e9951b82ba404cdd7d2d25caea39;hb=b626fb251b8e5ddea692d7de8c80784f49e4f318
>
> This patch just got merged in glibc trunk. So I backported it.
>
> For gentoo loongson overlay users, please git pull and emerge =glibc-2.9_p20090420
>
> IIRC, wvdail (or wvstreams?) need it.
>
> For more info, please refer to man getcontext and man makecontext.

Hello !

Cool thanks ! wvdial is working for me on Gentoo now.

Cheers
Erwan

Zhang Le

Apr 24, 2009, 8:39:08 AM4/24/09
to loongs...@googlegroups.com
On 16:25 Thu 23 Apr , Zhang Le wrote:
> http://www.gentoo-cn.org/gitweb/?p=loongson.git;a=blob;f=sys-libs/glibc/files/glibc-mips-getcontext.patch;h=72520a7d4f70e9951b82ba404cdd7d2d25caea39;hb=b626fb251b8e5ddea692d7de8c80784f49e4f318
>
> This patch just got merged in glibc trunk. So I backported it.
>
> For gentoo loongson overlay users, please git pull and emerge =glibc-2.9_p20090420

There was a problem in the ebuild, the gentoo patchset version should be 5
instead of 4.
I have just fixed it.

If you experienced "error while loading shared libraries: libstdc++.so.6: cannot
open shared object file: No such file or directory", please re-emerge.

Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Fai Wong reported this problem. Thanks!

Erwan Lerale

Apr 24, 2009, 3:11:18 PM4/24/09
to loongs...@googlegroups.com
Zhang Le wrote:
> On 16:25 Thu 23 Apr , Zhang Le wrote:
>
>> http://www.gentoo-cn.org/gitweb/?p=loongson.git;a=blob;f=sys-libs/glibc/files/glibc-mips-getcontext.patch;h=72520a7d4f70e9951b82ba404cdd7d2d25caea39;hb=b626fb251b8e5ddea692d7de8c80784f49e4f318
>>
>> This patch just got merged in glibc trunk. So I backported it.
>>
>> For gentoo loongson overlay users, please git pull and emerge =glibc-2.9_p20090420
>>

> There was a problem in the ebuild, the gentoo patchset version should be 5
> instead of 4.
> I have just fixed it.
>
> If you experienced "error while loading shared libraries: libstdc++.so.6: cannot
> open shared object file: No such file or directory", please re-emerge.
>
> Sorry for any inconvenience caused.
>
> Fai Wong reported this problem. Thanks!

Cool !

I search from the problem but did not found an elegant solution.

I used to have such problem with vlc for example, it's working now ;)

Thanks
Erwan

Zhang Le

Apr 30, 2009, 4:19:00 AM4/30/09