Python 2.6 MIPS patch

Zhang Le

Apr 23, 2009, 3:25:11 AM4/23/09
to loongs...@googlegroups.com
http://www.gentoo-cn.org/gitweb/?p=loongson.git;a=blob;f=dev-lang/python/files/python-2.6-mips.patch;h=5e4691afd64a52fb6f0ca70d0459deaae293b449;hb=HEAD

For loongson overlay users, please just git pull and emerge.

There is already a ticket filed on upstream tracking system:
http://bugs.python.org/issue4305
And there are patches contributed from others.
So I think there is no need for me to report it again.

I know this patch won't be suitable for upstream inclusion since it modifies
configure instead of configure.ac. I am just not familiar with python's
bootstrap process, and don't want to learn it.

--
Zhang, Le
Gentoo/Loongson Developer

Zhang Le

Apr 23, 2009, 4:20:10 AM4/23/09
to loongs...@googlegroups.com

BTW, there is one thing that I am not sure:
libffi's N32 support

If that matters to you, please test it. Thanks!

Erwan Lerale

Apr 23, 2009, 2:18:57 PM4/23/09
to loongs...@googlegroups.com
Zhang Le wrote:
> On 15:25 Thu 23 Apr , Zhang Le wrote:
>
>> http://www.gentoo-cn.org/gitweb/?p=loongson.git;a=blob;f=dev-lang/python/files/python-2.6-mips.patch;h=5e4691afd64a52fb6f0ca70d0459deaae293b449;hb=HEAD
>>

> BTW, there is one thing that I am not sure:
> libffi's N32 support
>
> If that matters to you, please test it. Thanks!

Hello,

Not tested that much, but at least it's compiling now.

Cheers
Erwan