ware wars

LCC

Jun 13, 2007, 8:28:14 AM6/13/07
to Lonnie Courtney Clay
Software products seem to come with built-in rivalries. For example I
have spy sweeper from :
http://www.webroot.com/land/freescan-3000.php?rc=5312&source=ppc

It complains twice about security rules violations during download of
spyware detector from :
http://www.maxpcsecure.com/spywaredetector.htm

Which in turn wants to quarantine and remove advanced registry
optimizer from :
http://www.zoombli.com/products/advancedregistryoptimizer.aspx

I still have spy sweeper and advanced registry optimizer on the
computer which I use. On the other hand spyware detector was
uninstalled and thoroughly purged. A word to the wise is sufficient. I
invite comment by representatives of the three companies involved on
this thread. Also it would be helpful for somebody to thoroughly
review spyware detector on popular information websites to inform the
general public, who will never think to look in this obscure little
Google group.....

Lonnie Courtney Clay

Chandan Garg

Jun 13, 2007, 11:45:42 PM6/13/07
to Lonnie Courtney Clay
Hi
I am from the makers of Advanced Registry Optimizer.
First of all please accept my apologies for all the inconvenience you
had to face.

I was surprised to know that Spyware detector from maxpcsecure.com is
detecting Advanced Registry Optimizer as a Spyware.
Advanced Registry Optimizer is a reputed product with no Spyware
activities involved.
This is a clear case of a false positive.

I am not sure regarding the quality of Spyware detector from
maxpcsecure.com; we'll certainly get in touch with this company,
regarding this issue.

Spy Sweeper from webroot had obvious reasons to prevent you from
downloading this Spyware detector from maxpcsecure.com, as it seems to
be a rogue antispyware.

Chandan Garg.