Silver Comet 3-Day Push Race in May 2011

1 view

Chadd Hall

Mar 15, 2011, 1:33:36 PM3/15/11
to LBA
Ok, it's just weeks away. Who is going to sign up for it? The Bustin
crew has already stated that they are bringing down a busload of
skaters. James Peters is coming out. Paul Kent will most likely be
here as well. Who is going to push themselves and start training to
make this happen?

May 20 – Day 1: Smyrna, Ga to Rockmart, Ga. ..approx. 40 miles
May 21 – Day 2: Rockmart, Ga to Weaverville, Al approx. 50 miles
May 22 – Day 3: Weaverville, Al to Smyrna, Ga 94 miles

http://www.usadsa.org/Events/

I am not sure what the prizes are yet, and lots of the details are
still being worked out. But the event was publicized at the Longboard
Loft Trade Show in NYC last weekend so I expect there to be a good
turnout. Woody's is backing it already and they will be accepting
offers for volunteers (just call John at Woody's to find out what you
can do.

DD

Shift

Mar 15, 2011, 4:02:00 PM3/15/11
to Longboard-Atlanta
Wow, Good luck to anyone attempting this. That 94 mile return is
going to be an all day affair for even the best riders.

thrash

Mar 15, 2011, 4:20:19 PM3/15/11
to Longboard-Atlanta
i'm want in. but i don't know if my knees are in good enough condition
to push it. might i borrow a pumper from someone to train/compete on?

Chadd Hall

Mar 15, 2011, 4:34:40 PM3/15/11
to longboar...@googlegroups.com
I think everyone should ride the first leg. We should get everyone in
the group to do that.

DD

william trent

Mar 15, 2011, 9:19:27 PM3/15/11
to longboar...@googlegroups.com
The groms are still in school the day it starts. :(

--
william

John S (bob82pigdog)

Mar 16, 2011, 12:01:45 AM3/16/11
to Longboard-Atlanta
I will be competing in the race. I have no clue how I will do but, I
have already been lightly training for a few weeks. This week I'm
starting to add more to my workouts.

John S (bob82pigdog)

Mar 16, 2011, 12:03:35 AM3/16/11
to Longboard-Atlanta
If anyone wants to "sponsor" me by donating towards my entrance fee, I
WILL iron on a picture of your face to whatever shirt I wear during
the race.

aldrian80

Mar 16, 2011, 8:58:50 AM3/16/11
to Longboard-Atlanta
nice..count me in for $1... I'll get you my close up 1'x1' iron-on

On Mar 16, 12:03 am, "John S (bob82pigdog)" <johndsprin...@gmail.com>

Mike S

Mar 16, 2011, 9:28:50 AM3/16/11
to Longboard-Atlanta
:D

John (illiterate)

Mar 16, 2011, 2:13:57 PM3/16/11
to Longboard-Atlanta
if my buttcheeks sponsor you, will you iron an image of them in all of
their pasty glory onto your shirt?

Ross S

Mar 16, 2011, 4:35:59 PM3/16/11
to Longboard-Atlanta
anybody want to do it on bikes with me? ( Al, or billy maybe?) not the
whole thing... that way we can laugh at all the silly skateboarders
and their inefficient means of transportation!

Shift

Mar 16, 2011, 5:20:00 PM3/16/11
to Longboard-Atlanta
Hahaha, I could definitely do the route on my bike, but I wouldn't try
it on my board.

AlG

Mar 16, 2011, 7:16:01 PM3/16/11
to Longboard-Atlanta
I'm down to do some support on bikes, Ross. Maybe Sunday ride out to
Rockmart from Floyd Rd. then head back. It's about a 40 mile
roundtrip.

G. Kosiba

Mar 16, 2011, 9:37:01 PM3/16/11
to Longboard-Atlanta
I began training today. I intend to attempt the whole thing. Unless
after month or so of training I don't feel like I can do it. I like
the fairly forgiving registration deadline!

Mike S

Mar 16, 2011, 10:20:08 PM3/16/11
to Longboard-Atlanta
Al if youre serious about riding, I'll break the road bike out. I did
that ride a few years ago and it was coo... billy don't under estimate
it thought... 80 miles still hurts a bit. But your right you could
absolutely do it.

John S (bob82pigdog)

Mar 16, 2011, 10:35:40 PM3/16/11
to Longboard-Atlanta
John, I would be honored if your butt cheeks would sponsor me. E-mail
that picture and we can work out the price. Seriously, do it.

Haha ok Aldrian. How about 1 inch by 1 inch? I need to save room for
John's rather large rear.

Mr. Kosiba, glad to hear I will be joined by another LBA member.

Shift

Mar 16, 2011, 11:27:56 PM3/16/11
to Longboard-Atlanta
Mike, I was totally intending to do it on my DJ bike... and to catch a
ride back from Rockmart. If I had a road bike I could probably do the
whole thing, but I'd be sore for a while afterwards.

AlG

Mar 17, 2011, 6:18:03 PM3/17/11
to Longboard-Atlanta
I'm serious about it, Mike. I'd be down to help out a bit providing
support for riders. I have a rack and panniers that can hold supplies
and I'm sure I can borrow a trailer to haul other stuff. Fill the
Camelbacks with some margaritas and it's on!

Sam Ackerman

Mar 17, 2011, 8:56:28 PM3/17/11
to Longboard-Atlanta
I would love to do the entire race... sucks I have school though so I
can't do it :\

Georgia

Mar 25, 2011, 8:23:46 AM3/25/11
to Longboard-Atlanta
FYI: If anyone is planning to skate just on day 1 I can drive you back
from Rockmart.

pavedwave

Apr 21, 2011, 9:55:24 AM4/21/11
to Longboard-Atlanta
So cool to see the support!! Looks like an amazing place. I'll be
slower than the fast guys and faster than the slow guys :-D

howfast

Apr 24, 2011, 10:14:03 AM4/24/11
to Longboard-Atlanta
wow this is intense. There is no way I am ready for it though. My LB
needs to get here quick So I can start practicing,

Sam Ackerman

Apr 24, 2011, 6:57:18 PM4/24/11
to Longboard-Atlanta
Wish I could go, but i'm in school. Eh whatever... guess I'll start
training for the 20 miles SCCP in october or whenever it is.

pavedwave

Apr 25, 2011, 1:03:46 AM4/25/11
to Longboard-Atlanta
Sam, think about Saturday for the 54-miler. Pace it mellow, you'd be
fine!

Sam Ackerman

Apr 25, 2011, 8:02:14 PM4/25/11
to Longboard-Atlanta
Haha I think thats a little out of my league right now. I struggled
doing the 20 miler last year! But I have gotten alot stronger and more
skilled since than... so I guess all it comes down to now is finding a
ride there :D

pavedwave

May 16, 2011, 4:09:31 PM5/16/11
to Longboard-Atlanta
Just around the corner now. Wild patterns at weather.com -- but
thundershowers AND 80+ degree temps sounds welcoming to me...we still
have lows of 40 degrees in Seattle and I'm done with all the cold.
Stoked!!

Georgia

May 17, 2011, 8:21:04 PM5/17/11
to Longboard-Atlanta
Hey Guys & Girls,

I just got a call from (Marion Karr) the guy organizing this weekend's
3 day skate push to Alabama & back on the Silver Comet Trail.
He needs a few more volunteers to hand out food/water to skaters at
specific spots for specific periods of time in Georgia on Sunday.
As well as some help around 4pm in Smyrna @ the start/finish line to
help direct skaters participating in the fun skate Sunday afternoon.
If you can help please let me know & I will get you in touch with
Marion.
There is a volunteer meeting Thursday 3-6 in Dunwoody.

Sorry for a late cry for helping hands, I just got the call myself.

Marc Martinez

May 17, 2011, 10:39:41 PM5/17/11
to longboar...@googlegroups.com
I may be able to help on Sunday, but won't be able to make the Thursday meeting.

Sent from Sgt Martinez's iPhone
I.Y.A.O.Y.A.S.

Luisalberto Gonzalez

May 18, 2011, 12:50:26 AM5/18/11
to longboar...@googlegroups.com
I'm willing to help.

Georgia

May 18, 2011, 6:56:07 AM5/18/11
to Longboard-Atlanta
Thanks guys! I have sent Marion your email addresses, he should be in
touch today. His email is:karr....@execquest.com.

On May 18, 12:50 am, Luisalberto Gonzalez
<luisalbertogon...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm willing to help.

Carlos

May 22, 2011, 10:56:44 AM5/22/11
to Longboard-Atlanta
Just thought I'd let everyone know that I'm doing the 16 mile fun push
today. I realize this is late but if anyone else wants to join they
should do it too!!

On May 18, 6:56 am, Georgia <neatnic...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks guys! I have sent Marion your email addresses, he should be in
> touch today. His email is:karr.mob...@execquest.com.

Marc Martinez

May 22, 2011, 11:00:39 AM5/22/11
to longboar...@googlegroups.com