BBQ Monday: sounds

Martin Klang

Apr 21, 2011, 1:25:01 PM4/21/11
to london-hack-space

I'm planning to bring a mobile soundsystem along to the picnic.

It will be possible to plug in to do a live performance, should anyone have anything to perform -
on a BYOB [1] basis.

/m

[1] bring your own battery

laye...@graffiti.net

SheraDreaming

Apr 21, 2011, 7:01:46 PM4/21/11
to London Hackspace
Out of curiosity, what is the estimated

Never Gonna Happen: Yes! Any Time!!!!

ratio of the space membership regarding the subject of dancing in
public...?

On Apr 21, 10:57 pm, layer1...@graffiti.net wrote:
> yay! awesome! i'll do some djaying then...

ynohtna

Apr 21, 2011, 7:10:08 PM4/21/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
I don't yet know if I'll make it to the BBQ - kinda depends on how much recovery I need from the Carl Craig all-nighter in Manchester on Saturday - but I'll try to remember to bring the Tenori-on if I'm attending on Monday.

The rest of my battery-powered improv gigging rig is either requiring repair or too fragile for outdoor activities these days. :(

A.

laye...@graffiti.net

Apr 21, 2011, 7:14:38 PM4/21/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
hello,
here's an interesting article i read today and would like to share:

Got an iPhone or 3G iPad? Apple is recording your moves

A hidden file in iOS 4 is regularly recording the position of devices.

http://radar.oreilly.com/2011/04/apple-location-tracking.html

pete warden hosts an
"...open-source application which maps the information that your iPhone is recording about your movements.
It doesn't record anything itself, it only displays files that are already hidden on your computer. "

http://petewarden.github.com/iPhoneTracker/

if you are using apple's "tracking devices" i would like to see if the software works for you and hear your opinion about this issue.

cheers,

Mark Steward

Apr 21, 2011, 7:16:43 PM4/21/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
And the best response I've seen to it so far:

Mark

laye...@graffiti.net

Apr 21, 2011, 7:34:12 PM4/21/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
Hello,
sorry if i'm spamming the mailinglist, but i just got a request today by a japanese friend who is looking for a person fitting the following description:

"
One of my lovely Japanese friends works for Japanese TV station.
She is looking for interviewee(s) for Japanese TV news show.

Japanese TV station, TV Asahi is seeking:
- Undergrad or postgrad British student who has joined unions to protest against cuts in London, and who has a younger brother(s) or sister(s) who intend to go to university after 2012

It is broadcast on TV in Japan.
I would be grateful if you could let me know the person who could receive the interview on 27th or 28th of April.
Thank you in advance for your help.
Look forward to hearing from you

Best wishes,

Takeshi Shimotaya
"
if you think that's you or one of your friends send takeshi an email to:
takeshi....@gmail.com

cheers,

/spam off

Mark Steward

Apr 21, 2011, 7:56:40 PM4/21/11
On Fri, Apr 22, 2011 at 12:16 AM, Mark Steward <marks...@gmail.com> wrote:

And the best response I've seen to it so far:

As for O'Reilly's question about what triggers the recording of data:

Mark

Ben Blundell

Apr 22, 2011, 5:39:09 AM4/22/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
Mashup needed with the police data needed so we can see how brave people are! :P

Ben
(>) SECTION9 * Benjamin Blundell
(>) b...@section9.co.uk * www.section9.co.uk
(>) Code, Design, Graphic, Web
(>) London Hackspace, Laboratory 24, Cremer Business Centre. London E2 8HD

(!) For Secure email use PGP Key-ID: 0A9C59AF @ http://pgp.mit.edu