19th Jan: Talk on Turing's legacy (from Dr Sue Black)

Sam Cook

Nov 10, 2011, 5:41:26 AM11/10/11
to Hackspace Mailing List
Hey,

I don't know of how much interest this[1] will be but I thought a talk by Dr Sue Black on Turing's legacy might appeal to some. It's on 19th January at 18:00 at BCS, Southampton Street (off of Covent Garden's south side).

Anyway, I'm going maybe see you there!

Message has been deleted

Ten Yen

Nov 14, 2011, 8:12:59 AM11/14/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
Heya,

X Sam Cook <sam.lind...@gmail.com> [2011-11-10 09:21] :
X Adam Page <adam...@gmail.com> [2011-11-12 01:28] :

> be but I thought a talk by Dr Sue Black on Turing's legacy might
> appeal to

> some. It's on *19th January* at *18:00* at *BCS, Southampton Street
> [1]
> http://www.londoncentral.bcs.org/events/register.php?today=20120119

> Some of us try to maintain a list of interesting events on the
> Other_Events page on the wiki.
> http://wiki.london.hackspace.org.uk/view/Other_Events

listed the above, plus this:
http://music.columbia.edu/pipermail/dorkbotlondon-blabber/2011-November/002093.html
Dorkbotlondon #76! - 23rd November, 7pm, MAT Lab, QMW.

and heres some other things from the dorkbot list that I'm not
interested enough in to filter/ list.
http://music.columbia.edu/pipermail/dorkbotlondon-blabber/2011-November/002097.html
INTRODUCTION TO MAX/MSP - [8th and 15th December
SOUND AND ARDUINO - [11th December.

http://music.columbia.edu/pipermail/dorkbotlondon-blabber/2011-November/002096.html
Network Music Festival, 27-29 January, Birmingham, UK.

I miss the NTK "GOTOs considered non-harmful",

werd,

--
http://tenyen.net/

Adrian Godwin

Nov 20, 2011, 7:43:07 AM11/20/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
Bump.

Sam Cook

Jan 19, 2012, 6:31:34 AM1/19/12
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
Out of interest anyone else going to this tonight?

I should be there from about 17:45.

On 12 November 2011 02:49, Adam Page <adam...@gmail.com> wrote:

 I thought a talk by Dr Sue Black on Turing's legacy might appeal to
> some.

BCS events are usually worth going to just for the catering.
Thanks for that, could be a good talk.

Some of us try to maintain a list of interesting events on the
Other_Events page on the wiki.

http://wiki.london.hackspace.org.uk/view/Other_Events

There are a few IET events listed that might also be of interest.

People can put events on there even if they are not
sure if they are interesting enough to send to 1000 people
via this list.

Adam

Catherine Flick

Jan 19, 2012, 7:05:33 AM1/19/12
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
I'll be there!

Ten Yen

Jan 19, 2012, 12:29:45 PM1/19/12

X Sam Cook <sam.lind...@gmail.com> [2012-01-19 11:28] :

> Out of interest anyone else going to this tonight?
> I should be there from about 17:45.

http://www.londoncentral.bcs.org/events/register.php?today=20120119

apparently oversubscribed and the registrations closed. I "booked" ages
ago, and am having ridiculous NMIs, so if you can get there in time you
can probably say your me.

heh,

--
http://tenyen.net/