Makerbot pledge

Mark Steward

Aug 23, 2011, 2:07:28 PM8/23/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
Chris is very kindly looking at the makerbot board again, because it's been out of order for a silly amount of time. It looks like the motor and steppers are all working, but the thermistor definitely isn't, and he was still checking the conveyor belt when I left.

I still think the extruder board is the weak point from all the grief it's caused, so I propose a pledge to replace our current board with a Sanguinololu, which only works with steppers, but is considered more dependable from discussions online. Glen can build us one for around £100.

Please add your name to http://wiki.hackspace.org.uk/wiki/Pledge:Sanguinololu.

Charles Yarnold

Aug 23, 2011, 4:56:29 PM8/23/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
Pledge filled, lets get it all paid with ref "Sanguino"

Sol

Martin

Aug 24, 2011, 6:42:06 PM8/24/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
if its ok, i'll just drop the money down to you tomorrow, bank doesn't like to have refrences on single payments for some reason

Glen

Aug 25, 2011, 3:06:58 PM8/25/11
to London Hackspace
I'll have a stack of PCBs for this in 12 days. There's a guy selling
them on eBay if it's needed faster.

Glen