lab extractor on ebay

spooq

May 16, 2011, 5:41:56 AM5/16/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com

Dirk-Willem van Gulik

May 16, 2011, 6:53:15 AM5/16/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
On 16 May 2011, at 11:41, spooq wrote:

Very nice - but a bit hard to transport/ship I assume ? On the other hand - a tenner for a sturdy table like that alone is worth it. How far away is that ?

Dw

spooq

May 16, 2011, 6:58:15 AM5/16/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com

Catherine Flick

May 16, 2011, 7:26:53 AM5/16/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
If there's noone else willing and you really want it, I'm a member of streetcar so can get a van through them (though it'll cost per hr and I'd have to drive it). Only prob is, I'm a bit busy this week so it might have to wait til next week if you rely on me :)

Catie

spooq

May 16, 2011, 8:28:00 AM5/16/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
Well, I think it would be a nice thing to have, and I think we have
talked on the list about getting one of these previously, but it would
take up some space, so I wouldn't push for it if it was only me
interested.

Just over an hour to go.

Luke

Catherine Flick

May 16, 2011, 8:30:13 AM5/16/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
Yep well like I said I'm happy to help! but if someone has their own van to volunteer it'd probably be heaps cheaper :)

C.

Dirk-Willem van Gulik

May 16, 2011, 8:39:17 AM5/16/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
Happy to pay for Catherine (or someone else) their transport cost to get it to the hackspace -and happy to put a bid in. So if someone can commit to transport - I'll see if i can win it and take care of the cost. And if it is next week - should be able to help lift & shjift.

Dw.

Catherine Flick

May 16, 2011, 8:49:08 AM5/16/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
I can commit to help with transport, but if someone else has a van that's more accessible that'd be preferable for me. I'd prefer Wednesday of next week but can probably do Tues or Thurs (all after work).

C.

Dirk-Willem van Gulik

May 16, 2011, 8:51:25 AM5/16/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
Ok - will bid with this in mind/as a condition.

Kieran

May 16, 2011, 8:54:40 AM5/16/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
I've also got a Streetcar account, and messaged the seller an hour or so ago
to ask when pickup would be feasible; my concern being that if it's within
working hours only, we might struggle to find someone available.

I'll pass on the reply if the seller sends one in time, but will leave the
bidding to Dirk.

On Mon, 16 May 2011 13:49:08 +0100, Catherine Flick wrote

Catherine Flick

May 16, 2011, 8:55:06 AM5/16/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
There's a streetvan just up the road from the space on Laburnum St so if you can work out how long it'd take to get to Croydon from there it's £8.95/hr with 20mi included.

Dirk-Willem van Gulik

May 16, 2011, 8:55:48 AM5/16/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
Ok - put a bid in - and added the provisio to the bid that pickup may be as late as wednesday next week.

Dw.

spooq

May 16, 2011, 9:45:01 AM5/16/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
Bargain! :D

Luke

Dirk-Willem van Gulik

May 16, 2011, 10:59:51 AM5/16/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
Indeed - we're now the proud owners of a a lab extractor! For the princely sum of 1 penny.

- http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250815827300&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT#ht_500wt_1156

- Location Croydon, Surrey, United Kingdom

I've contacted the seller to see how this can be picked up. Suggestions as to where to best place this appreciated. As in the ideal world it would vent out - and ideally vent to place where there are no people walking past.

Thanks,

Dw

Thanks,

Dw.

Russ Garrett

May 16, 2011, 11:01:41 AM5/16/11
On 16 May 2011 15:59, Dirk-Willem van Gulik <di...@webweaving.org> wrote:
> Indeed - we're now the proud owners of a a lab extractor! For the princely sum of 1 penny.

Well, you can't argue with that price!

--
Russ Garrett
ru...@garrett.co.uk

Dirk-Willem van Gulik

May 16, 2011, 11:14:53 AM5/16/11

On 16 May 2011, at 16:01, Russ Garrett wrote:

> On 16 May 2011 15:59, Dirk-Willem van Gulik <di...@webweaving.org> wrote:
>> Indeed - we're now the proud owners of a a lab extractor! For the princely sum of 1 penny.
>
> Well, you can't argue with that price!

My worry is that it is too high - or has the exhaust wrong for our ceiling. In that case we just gotten ourselves a vey sturdy and proper lab table with a good flow for soldering only :)

Dw.

Dirk-Willem van Gulik

May 18, 2011, 6:32:48 PM5/18/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
Ok - I finally heard back from the seller (I was pushing him to see if we could do it this week). He still wants to get rid of it - despite the 1 penny. However he:

- Needs at least two days notice.

- And ideally a pickup between 8am and 4am.

- Location seems to be right next to Morden - waiting for confirmation.

Catherine - was is good for you ? Or anyone else in an ideal position with a (street)van ? I am back in the UK all of next week. Unfortunately - I am out of the country again for all of the week after.

Thanks,

Dw (who will, regardless, cover any petrol/streetvan/etc).

Catherine Flick

May 19, 2011, 3:13:52 AM5/19/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
You mean 4pm right? not 4am? If so it makes it a bit tricker for me (would have to be a weekend). If not, fine! how about next Wednesday afternoon for a road trip to Morden?

C.

Dirk-Willem van Gulik

May 23, 2011, 2:07:45 AM5/23/11
On 19 May 2011, at 08:13, Catherine Flick wrote:

> You mean 4pm right? not 4am? If so it makes it a bit tricker for me (would have to be a weekend). If not, fine! how about next Wednesday afternoon for a road trip to Morden?

Correct - 4pm. And we should be on. BUT - not had the final conform from the seller.

Dw.

Dirk-Willem van Gulik

May 23, 2011, 4:11:32 AM5/23/11
to Dirk-Willem van Gulik, london-h...@googlegroups.com
OK. Looks we're all set for this wednesday shortly before 4 pm

- The dimensions are 2.2m * 1.9m * 1m. We will need some general hand tools if you want to dismantle it.

- I looked up the weight and shape - and it would be very good to have at least one extra person - as it is bit of an awkward beast.

Any volunteers ?

- I am relying on Catherine and her trusty van :)

- Location is

IGS - 22 Wates Way, Mitcham, CR4 4HR, +44(0)208 646 6595

Which seems near Morden & Mitcham public transport.

Catherine - what is easiest for you ? Best to meet up at IGS in Mitcham - or elsewhere ? I'll make sure to bring some hand tools.

Dw

Catherine Flick

May 23, 2011, 4:27:55 AM5/23/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
Err, like I said before, I can't do 4pm... I have to work! I can't get to the hackspace before 6pm at the earliest.

Dirk-Willem van Gulik

May 23, 2011, 7:35:48 AM5/23/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
Apologies - my bad. I misread the email. What time would work for you ? Anytime between 8am and 4am on wednesday work (the opening hours of the depot) ?

Dw.

Catherine Flick

May 23, 2011, 7:36:38 AM5/23/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
4am? so... 6pm at the hackspace would be okay then? :)

C.

Dirk-Willem van Gulik

May 23, 2011, 7:51:43 AM5/23/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
Ah - now I see where we are confused. I've read that 4am as a 4pm!

Ok - me go contact seller and see if this is indeed the correct reading !

Dw.

Dirk-Willem van Gulik

May 23, 2011, 9:09:43 AM5/23/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
Ok - so unfortunately - this was indeed a typo of IGS - they really do close at 4pm (as opposed to 4am). We have have to do this between 8am and 4pm.

Catherine - realise that that is hard for you -- so is there anyone else with time and access to a van able to help out ?

Dw.

Nigel Worsley

May 23, 2011, 9:13:19 AM5/23/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
> We have have to do this between 8am and 4pm.

Not quite, you have to get it outside their door by 4pm. The van can
come along later, if you don't mind hanging around.

Nigle

Catherine Flick

May 23, 2011, 9:13:44 AM5/23/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
Ah, damn. That's a shame. I suppose they won't be open on the weekend/bank holiday either?

Dirk-WIllem van Gulik

May 23, 2011, 5:07:38 PM5/23/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
Nope. Any one else with a Van and some time during working hours in the next week(s). Happy to pay vanrent/petrol - as this should net the hackspace a proper workbench for bio hacking - with a full extractorfan back.

Dw.