New shelves and member boxes arrived & set up

Martin Dittus

Aug 29, 2011, 3:25:21 PM8/29/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
We received a delivery of shelves and member boxes, Robert and Phil spent the afternoon setting them up (thanks!)

If you needed a box when we had run out: come and get yours.

m.

Cepmender

Aug 29, 2011, 9:09:40 PM8/29/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
We took the opportunity to rationalise the storage area too, and many boxes have been (carefully) moved. Stuff that was on top of or underneath boxes was moved with. Some small bits that were lying on top of boxes were placed inside, If you find anything in your box that should not be there please place it on the table by the door for it`s owner to claim.

A lot of stuff was lying about with no name or label, this will all be put in the same place,  come and sort it out before the three week monster eats it.
Various larger projects that were labelled have been put aside too so do not panic, they are there there somewhere. You may need to look for your box/project but it should be visible.

There are several items that have no apparent owner (list below).  Speak up or they risk being hacked/binned.

Two olde worlde turntables (the sort that go round with a bit of black plastic on)

The motorised trolley/platform  (Phish, are you still doing anything with this? It is taking up a lot of space and seems not to have been touched for about two months....)

A nice hardwood box with slots in the sides and no bottom.

A box of assorted clothes.

Two large sheets of white card in a white plastic bag.

There is now more space for new members boxes and more floor space too, lets try to keep it all tidy, you know it makes sense!

James Brown

Aug 30, 2011, 11:09:25 AM8/30/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
Thanks guys for doing this, looks great :)

- James

Billy

Aug 30, 2011, 11:59:58 AM8/30/11
to London Hackspace

Think that the hardwood box, is one member's work-in-progress..

As for the platform, i think that Phish just started a new job as a
head chef. Is why he hasn't been in for the last 3 weeks. I gave him a
hand with it. I'll add it to the other stuff of mine that people
complain about... :))

Adrian Godwin

Aug 31, 2011, 2:12:19 PM8/31/11
On Tue, Aug 30, 2011 at 2:09 AM, Cepmender <cepm...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> There are several items that have no apparent owner (list below).  Speak up or they risk being hacked/binned.
> Two large sheets of white card in a white plastic bag.

Is it definitely card  ?

I had a bag with some sheets of polypropylene stored right against the
wall. I *think* I'd put my name on it but maybe I didn't. They came
from the art shop on Kingsland Road and the bag might have their name
on it.

-adrian

Sam Kelly

Aug 31, 2011, 2:14:42 PM8/31/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com

If if is card, it's probably mine - I bought it for laser-cutting, and forgot that I hadn't used it all up.

Sam

--
Sam Kelly, http://www.eithin.co.uk/

That's it.  We're not messing around anymore, we're buying a bigger dictionary.  -  Tibor Fischer, The Thought Gang.

Gwyn Morfey

Aug 31, 2011, 3:43:32 PM8/31/11
to London Hackspace
> We took the opportunity to rationalise the storage area too, and many boxes have been (carefully) moved. Stuff that
> was on top of or underneath boxes was moved with. Some small bits that were lying on top of boxes were placed
> inside, If you find anything in your box that should not be there please place it on the table by the door for it`s owner to
> claim.
Thanks for doing this! Did you find a black drawstring bag of wires
near my ("gwynm") box? They're the connector cables for the laser
maze, and I tried to take them home today but they seem to have
wandered off..

Gwyn.

On Aug 30, 2:09 am, Cepmender <cepmen...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> A lot of stuff was lying about with no name or label, this will all be put in the same place,  come and sort it out before the three week monster eats it. Various larger projects that were labelled have been put aside too so do not panic, they are there there somewhere. You may need to look for your box/project but it should be visible.
> There are several items that have no apparent owner (list below).  Speak up or they risk being hacked/binned.
> Two olde worlde turntables (the sort that go round with a bit of black plastic on)
> The motorised trolley/platform  (Phish, are you still doing anything with this? It is taking up a lot of space and seems not to have been touched for about two months....)
> A nice hardwood box with slots in the sides and no bottom.
> A box of assorted clothes.
> Two large sheets of white card in a white plastic bag.
>
> There is now more space for new members boxes and more floor space too, lets try to keep it all tidy, you know it makes sense!

Dirk-WIllem van Gulik

Aug 31, 2011, 4:08:34 PM8/31/11

On 31 Aug 2011, at 19:14, Sam Kelly wrote:

On Wed, Aug 31, 2011 at 7:12 PM, Adrian Godwin <artg...@gmail.com> wrote:
On Tue, Aug 30, 2011 at 2:09 AM, Cepmender <cepm...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> There are several items that have no apparent owner (list below).  Speak up or they risk being hacked/binned.
> Two large sheets of white card in a white plastic bag.

Is it definitely card  ?

I had a bag with some sheets of polypropylene stored right against the
wall. I *think* I'd put my name on it but maybe I didn't. They came
from the art shop on Kingsland Road and the bag might have their name
on it.

If if is card, it's probably mine - I bought it for laser-cutting, and forgot that I hadn't used it all up.

If it is actual plastic (polystyrol) it will be mine,

Dw.

Martin Dittus

Aug 31, 2011, 6:51:42 PM8/31/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com

Big el-oh-el. Label your stuff people! :D

(I'm sure it will all resurface.)

cepm...@yahoo.co.uk

Aug 31, 2011, 10:05:40 PM8/31/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
As Martin says, Label it!!! I printed another 120 "Do not hack" stickers
the other day...

It was definitely card, approx 600x750mm in a white plastic bag, last seen
leaning against the shorter row of shelves.

As for the bag of wires, I do not recall seeing them, but I also did not
throw anything like that out, Have a good look round...

On Wed, 31 Aug 2011 23:51:42 +0100, Martin Dittus <dek...@gmail.com>

Billy

Sep 1, 2011, 6:14:30 AM9/1/11
to London Hackspace

If it's the card or mount board that's next to the two red plastic
lids, then that's mine. Don't know about the wires though.