Dronezone in Guilford on 30 th

Anish Mohammed

Oct 18, 2011, 8:10:26 AM10/18/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
HI All,
 thought of posting this here, given there was quite a bit of interest in UAV workshop. Following on from DIYdrones meet up in London last week (http://diydrones.com/profiles/blogs/diy-drones-london-meetup), there is a drone zone meet up happening in Guilford on 30 th organised by Martin from Buildyourowndrones.
Please find the mail that went out from him attached, please get in touch with Martin at mar...@buildyourowndrones.co.uk if you are interested.

=====================================================================================================================================================

Drone Zone II Oct 30.

Thank you all for your emails registering for the DZ II on the 30th Oct. I'm very pleased to let you all know that the number of people attending will be around 30, bringing a mixture of fixed wing, Heli's and multi-rotor aircraft. I know the location has been kept under wraps for the past few weeks, however I hope the wait has been worthwhile!

http://www.charterhouse.org.uk/

We are using a playing field which is located within walking distance of the onsite cafe, the meeting point and base of operations over the day is right next to the place we will be parking and flying from.  (51° 11' 46.89", -0° 37' 37.93" is the entrance to field)

I have detailed below the timing for the day:

The field will be open at 10.30 am to allow people to park up and start to ready their equipment, the field will be closing at around 15:30, The £10 per person will be collected on the morning when you arrive by Mike who has worked very hard with me to make this event happen!  There will be a brief chat about safety @ 11 am and where to fly inside the field (please see map added for more information), if you miss this chat you will need to talk with either me or Nigel, who most of you will know from the DZ I when you arrive on site. While this is private land we will still need to exercise careful flights and be mindful of other people using the site. Nigel has agreed to help in a brief inspection of any craft looking to be flown, so please check all control surfaces, blades, nuts and bolts  etc the night before! We will be following the BMFA guide lines on flight safety, if you don't know where to find these then please take a quick look at this link:

http://www.bmfa.org/ANO/index.html

We will not require you to hold a BMFA Licence at this event, however if you have one please do bring it with you, if you don't have one we will just check you are happy to fly, I know many of us don't have the licence but fly well :)!

Above all else I hope that the day will be as much fun as the first DZ with a little less rain (none would be great)!

I look forward to seeing you in the near future, if you have any questions please do contact me.

Regards

Martin.

Yuan

Oct 18, 2011, 12:15:00 PM10/18/11
to London Hackspace
Hmm...

Stupid customs in China are delaying our parts for our quadcopters
otherwise we'd be so there.