RAL trip 2: the rise of the RAL

Sam Cook

Jul 20, 2011, 11:52:51 AM7/20/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
Hey guys!

For those of you that are interested there is another RAL trip being organised for the 27th Sept. Who's going?

I'm going to provisionally ask for 15 places for us with the view that this can be easily downsized if needed and should be enough to begin with. If there is more interest than spaces I'll try to increase the number of spots but if unable to it'll be first come: first served.

Anyway reply to this to grab a spot and with which tour you'd like to go on; personally I'm inclined to go for 2 or 3

Cheers,

Jul 20, 2011, 11:59:20 AM7/20/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
> personally I'm inclined to go for 2 or 3

Me too, add me to the list please.

Nigle

Sam Cook

Jul 20, 2011, 12:27:15 PM7/20/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
I've added a page[1] for this. If you can please add yourself there as well (it just makes life that much easier and I'm lazy). I'll also point out that I can't make this one as I'll be being grilled for my second year PhD talk that day (the joy!)

mkinga

Jul 20, 2011, 12:39:46 PM7/20/11
to London Hackspace
I'd be up for tour 1 ISIS

Thanks.
Martin.

On Jul 20, 5:27 pm, Sam Cook <sam.lindenrat...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I've added a page <http://wiki.hackspace.org.uk/wiki/Events/RAL_trip_2>[1]

Sam Cook

Jul 26, 2011, 5:02:27 AM7/26/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
Is anyone else interested in this? there are currently 2 people going (Nigel and martin) and whilst we have spaces reserved we still need to make a decision on which tour.

scary boots

Jul 26, 2011, 5:06:33 AM7/26/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
Am I being shunned? ;) my name is on there too!

I wanna see ISIS. The Vulcan Control Room sounds cool. need more info really.

oh you know i'm a sucker for any big machinery!

Sam Cook

Jul 26, 2011, 5:41:10 AM7/26/11
On 26 July 2011 10:06, scary boots <scary...@gmail.com> wrote:
Am I being shunned? ;) my name is on there too!

No, but you didn't reply here so I missed you in my count, sorry.

currently it looks like either tour 1 or 2,

Anyone else?

Tim Storey

Jul 26, 2011, 6:27:30 AM7/26/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
me too by the way...

Kieran Kunhya

Jul 26, 2011, 11:05:48 AM7/26/11
to London Hackspace
Well now that so few people have put their names down I don't feel bad
for putting my name down again...

On Jul 26, 11:27 am, Tim Storey <tim.sto...@gmail.com> wrote:
> me too by the way...

Philip McGaw

Jul 27, 2011, 9:06:08 AM7/27/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
I would Love to go again, but I don't think I have acquired enough TOIL to escape :(

For those of you who haven't seen what RAL looks like; well its awsome! photos from the last trip are up on my site at http://skippy.org.uk/ral-trip/

Regards

Skippy

--

Philip McGaw
Phi...@McGaw.eu

There can be no higher law in journalism than to tell the truth and to shame the devil. - Walter Lippman

Seth Kneller

Jul 28, 2011, 9:53:33 AM7/28/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
I would like to go to RAL if you are still taking names?

Thanks,

Seth

On 27/07/2011 14:06, Philip McGaw wrote:
> I would Love to go again, but I don't think I have acquired enough TOIL
> to escape :(
>
> For those of you who haven't seen what RAL looks like; well its awsome!
> photos from the last trip are up on my site at
> http://skippy.org.uk/ral-trip/
>
> Regards
>
> Skippy
>
> --
>
> Philip McGaw

> Phi...@McGaw.eu <mailto:Phi...@McGaw.eu>

Sam Cook

Aug 19, 2011, 12:28:51 PM8/19/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
Right I need to email the woman back for this and the current winning tour is number 1. (according to the page)

  • Nigel
  • Martin
  • Scary
  • Tim Storey
  • Kieran Kunhya
are you all still happy to go on this? I'll also add seth.

I want to get this sent off to her by wednesday so if I don't hear otherwise you're name will be put on the list.

Sam Cook

Sep 6, 2011, 6:51:13 AM9/6/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
Right, this is now all confirmed so the people who replied are all booked in for tour 1.

You'll need to organise amongst yourselves getting there etc. as a warning it's about 40 min on the train to Didcot Parkway and then a further 20 min on the bus to RAL (get bus 32 or X32 to Harwell Campus).

It's on the Tuesday 27th September from 10am till 3pm

You'll need a packed lunch or similar but there is a Spar at Didcot station if all else fails. There is also a restaurant/canteen thing at RAL but I don't know what access to that will be liklee

Anyway have fun!

Kieran Kunhya

Sep 8, 2011, 7:25:27 PM9/8/11
to London Hackspace
Thanks again for booking this.

On Sep 6, 11:51 am, Sam Cook <sam.lindenrat...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Right, this is now all confirmed so the people who replied are all booked in
> for tour 1.
>
> You'll need to organise amongst yourselves getting there etc. as a warning
> it's about 40 min on the train to Didcot Parkway and then a further 20 min
> on the bus to RAL (get bus 32 or X32 to Harwell Campus).
>
> It's on the Tuesday 27th September from 10am till 3pm
>
> You'll need a packed lunch or similar but there is a Spar at Didcot station
> if all else fails. There is also a restaurant/canteen thing at RAL but I
> don't know what access to that will be liklee
>
> Anyway have fun!

> On 19 August 2011 17:28, Sam Cook <sam.lindenrat...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > Right I need to email the woman back for this and the current winning tour
> > is number 1. (according to the page)
>
> >    - Nigel <http://wiki.hackspace.org.uk/wiki/User:Nigle>
> >    - Martin
> >    - Scary
> >    - Tim Storey
> >    - Kieran Kunhya
>
> > are you all still happy to go on this? I'll also add seth.
>
> > I want to get this sent off to her by wednesday so if I don't hear
> > otherwise you're name will be put on the list.

Sam Cook

Sep 22, 2011, 6:45:24 AM9/22/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
Hey guys!

Remember: this is next week (Tuesday in fact).

Also, from the organiser:

Good morning,

I am writing to give you all the details for your visit to RAL on Tuesday 27th September for the General Public Access Day.

I have six places reserved for: Nigel Worsley, Martin King, Kate Oliver, Tim Storey, Kieran Kunhya and Seth Kneller.

Please be at STFC for 10:00 hrs

You will be visiting PPD, ISIS and LSF.

As you are visiting ISIS I am obliged to tell you about the health and safety guidelines for this area as it is a classified radiation area.

-          Please do not enter if any of the following apply to yourself: under 16, pregnant, have a pacemaker or hearing aid, suffer from vertigo, unable to stand for long periods of time, have difficulty climbing stairs and waling for up to two hours.

If you would like more information about what you are seeing please visit:

http://www.stfc.ac.uk/News+and+Events/18540.aspx

Attached is a word document explaining how to get to us, a map of where you are to park etc. Please take a moment to read through this.

Thank you

Kind Regards,

Scott Drew