Trustees Election Results

Russ Garrett

Aug 6, 2011, 9:37:48 AM8/6/11
to London Hack Space
The Trustees election has finished. In the end we received 108 votes,
which is just more than the quorum of 105. The winners of the election
were Martin Dittus, Philip Roy, Mark Steward, and Jonty Wareing.

The full output of OpenSTV can be found at [1], and the ballot file at [2].

On the topic of the problematic "None of the above" option: By my
quick count, there are 8 ballots which rank the "None of the above"
option highest, which I will consider to be a misunderstanding of the
directions. Even so, "None of the above" was not a serious contender
for the election, so I don't consider the results to be skewed by my
ill-advised choice of the name.

This election was, beyond anything else, a good learning experience in
running these elections. The existing board had no concerns about any
of the candidates, so we're prepared to ignore any slight
irregularities. I've written down the points that we need to remember
for next year at [3].

Cheers,

[1] http://london.hackspace.org.uk/organisation/elections/2011-election-results.html
[2] http://london.hackspace.org.uk/organisation/elections/2011-election-ballots.blt