Hackspace Filming Policy

Russ Garrett

Aug 18, 2011, 11:16:04 AM8/18/11
to London Hack Space
Just to clarify on the policy on filming in the space:

# Non-commercial

If you are filming for non-commercial use, you can do so but you must:

1) Tell the mailing list at least a day in advance.
2) Don't get in peoples' way, and respect their wishes for privacy.
3) Don't take up too much space.
4) Preferably film during off-peak hours (Mon-Friday before 18:00).

# Commercial

You must contact Russ for permission at least a week in advance before
doing any commercial filming.
Our day rate for commercial filming in the space is £300. We may
reduce or waive this at our discretion if we like your idea. (We've
been known to do news interviews for free in the past.)

Let me know if you have any comments. I've updated the wiki here:
http://wiki.hackspace.org.uk/wiki/Guides/Filming_in_the_space

--
Russ Garrett
ru...@garrett.co.uk

tom

Aug 18, 2011, 11:29:49 AM8/18/11
to London Hackspace
presumably this is "filming with a non-sh1t camera"? I wont have t ask
for permission a day in advance if i'm recording a project of mine
fail?
> r...@garrett.co.uk

danny staple

Aug 18, 2011, 12:10:15 PM8/18/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com

I take this as coming in with tripods and serious stuff vs a camera phone clip of said project for YouTube. I'm fairly sure this won't apply to the latter.

typed on my phone expect typos...

Russ Garrett

Aug 18, 2011, 12:18:39 PM8/18/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
Yes. I think more generally this covers pointing cameras at people and
the space itself instead of pointing cameras at things you've built.

Russ

--
Russ Garrett
ru...@garrett.co.uk

Sci

Aug 18, 2011, 6:46:49 PM8/18/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
Speaking of cameras, does anyone have a vectorscope? I've got two old
semi-pro SVHSC cameras and only one works. Service manual tests need a
vectorscope.
Not urgent by any means.

Maybe we could get some cardboard masks in the space if anyone does get
obnoxious with a camera.
The idea of 30 people in paper clown masks all silently turning to stare
at the cameraperson is quite frightening.

Tim Storey

Aug 18, 2011, 6:49:05 PM8/18/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
I rather like this idea.
I have a good Alice Cooper mask should anyone want to rock that...

Martin Klang

Aug 18, 2011, 7:16:25 PM8/18/11

On 18 Aug 2011, at 23:49, Tim Storey wrote:

> I have a good Alice Cooper mask should anyone want to rock that...

years back this aphex twin record I bought came with a face mask sporting mr james' chemically enhanced and somewhat unsettling grin. Unfortunately long gone.

/m

Adrian Godwin

Aug 22, 2011, 5:03:35 PM8/22/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
I don't, but know a couple of people who do. might be able to borrow one.

Alternatively, you might be able to use a software vectorscope - see http://forum.videohelp.com/threads/295118-Capture-quality-analysis-and-vectorscope-software

-adrian