Bringing things to the space

Russ Garrett

Apr 6, 2011, 11:32:55 AM4/6/11
to London Hack Space
I'd just like to remind people of the rules about bringing items to the space:

- If you're bringing something to the space which doesn't fit in your
box, you *must* discuss it on the mailing list beforehand, and the
item should be clearly labelled. (If you aren't able to let the
mailing list know beforehand, then you should email as soon as
possible afterwards.)

- If you're hacking apart something that someone else has brought in,
then please make sure you have their permission before doing so.

The space we have is our most expensive asset, so we have to be strict
about this to keep the space tidy. Following these rules is vital to
prevent friction between people.

Cheers,

--
Russ Garrett
ru...@garrett.co.uk

Catherine Flick

Apr 6, 2011, 11:54:24 AM4/6/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
Just a question - I'm a fairly new member - there hasn't been any empty boxes around the last couple of times I've visited, and it'd be nice to leave some small things at the space so I don't have to cart them in and out. Is it a matter of BYO box? If so, is there somewhere near to the space where regulation size boxes can be found?

Thanks,
Catie

Russ Garrett

Apr 6, 2011, 12:12:20 PM4/6/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com, Catherine Flick
On 6 April 2011 16:54, Catherine Flick <lie...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Just a question - I'm a fairly new member - there hasn't been any empty
> boxes around the last couple of times I've visited, and it'd be nice to
> leave some small things at the space so I don't have to cart them in and
> out. Is it a matter of BYO box? If so, is there somewhere near to the space
> where regulation size boxes can be found?

My bad, we need to get some more shelving and boxes, which I have just ordered.

--
Russ Garrett
ru...@garrett.co.uk

cepm...@yahoo.co.uk

Apr 6, 2011, 1:34:16 PM4/6/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
Dear All

I have over the past few days brought a large quantity of very useable
bits of material into the space. Some of it has been used already to build
shelves etc. and some has been cut to size for use in the kitchen. Be
assured that as soon as these works are completed any surplus will be
finding it`s way out of the space in short order.... That said, there are
only so many hours in the day and for some reason my employers insist on
my attendance at work (something to do with my contract I am told... :-)
so progress is not as fast as I would like. I do anticipate that the
kitchen tops and supports should be finished within about seven days and
that will dispose of the bulk of it. There are also a couple more benches
planned for the machine shop and a few other ideas besides. If anyone
wants some for any other purpose just let me know and I will be able to
show what is not yet earmarked for a specific task. If any of the surplus
is really too good to throw out then it may be kept but I am ever
conscious that long term storage of anything is at a premium so will try
to keep this to the bare minimum. In the short term I will endeavor to
keep it all as tidy and unobstructive as possible.

Phil

Robert Leverington

Apr 6, 2011, 2:02:32 PM4/6/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
If there is sufficient surplus it would be useful to keep some for the
work surfaces in the new dark room/wet lab.

Robert

cepm...@yahoo.co.uk

Apr 6, 2011, 2:19:11 PM4/6/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
No Problem... There should be plenty.

Phil

On Wed, 06 Apr 2011 19:02:32 +0100, Robert Leverington <rob...@rhl.me.uk>
wrote:

> If there is sufficient surplus it would be useful to keep some for the
> work surfaces in the new dark room/wet lab.
>
> Robert
>
> On 2011-04-06, cepm...@yahoo.co.uk wrote:
>> Dear All
>>

>> I have over the past few days brought a large quantity....

Dave Durant

Apr 6, 2011, 5:02:50 PM4/6/11
to London Hackspace

> - If you're bringing something to the space which doesn't fit in your
> box, you *must* discuss it on the mailing list beforehand

Tomorrow I'm planning to bring in some wood which I'll label and find
a space for out the way. I'm also bringing in a number of rack-shelves
and boxes of fibre-channel disks. These are already spoken for and
people have promised to remove them by the end of the weekend.

Mark Steward

Apr 6, 2011, 5:34:32 PM4/6/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com, Dave Durant
That's OK, you've already discussed this :)

Mark

gilda

Apr 7, 2011, 12:46:55 PM4/7/11
to London Hackspace
Hi there,

I've left a slow cooker that I'm intending to hack into a sous-vide
cooker. I left it on the member shelves because I don't have a box,
and it is the same size as a standard box, so hopefully I'm not taking
more space than I should.
The slow cooker is wrapped in blue plastic and the wrapping has my
name on it.
Let me know if you want me to move it somewhere else!

Cheers

Dave Durant

Apr 7, 2011, 7:26:10 PM4/7/11
to London Hackspace

Okay, the (damn heavy, thanks to the people who helped me carry them
in) disk shelves are now on and under a table in the quiet room.

If those collecting them are short of interconnecting cables let me
know and I'll see what I can do.

SP00kY

Apr 13, 2011, 7:13:25 AM4/13/11
to London Hackspace
Hey guys,

I'm sorry I haven't picked up the disk shelves from the quiet room, I
somehow missed the message from Dave saying they had arrived. I'm off
on holiday to New Zealand tonight but will be sending over two of my
workmates on Saturday to pick them up. Is anyone going to be there
Saturday afternoon to let them in?

Thanks,
SP00kY