Hackspace Field Trip: National Physical Laboratory Open House, 14th March

Tom Scott

Feb 2, 2012, 7:59:47 PM2/2/12
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
NPL, the National Physical Laboratory, is having an open day on Wednesday 14th March. Details are here:

http://www.npl.co.uk/openhouse/

I went to NPL's 2010 event, and it was well worth the trip out to Teddington. The tour is self-guided; you can turn up at any time, and it'll take a couple of hours if you want to see everything. Last time, "everything" included an echoic chamber, an anechoic chamber, liquid nitrogen ice cream, and a dozen other interesting things besides.

You do need to register; you can do that easily at the above web site. The catch is, of course, that it's a weekday and the event ends at 8pm - can I suggest that a Hackspace Contingent try to catch the 17:13 train from London Waterloo? If you can't make that, of course, feel free to arrive at some other point - this is more of a heads-up than any kind of trip planning!

-- Tom

Ten Yen

Feb 3, 2012, 7:44:17 AM2/3/12
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
Heya,

X Tom Scott <t...@tomscott.com> [2012-02-03 00:57] :

> NPL, the National Physical Laboratory, is having an open day on Wednesday
> 14th March. Details are here:
> http://www.npl.co.uk/openhouse/

listed here:
http://wiki.london.hackspace.org.uk/view/Other_Events
and started this page:
http://wiki.london.hackspace.org.uk/view/Other_Events/FieldTrip/NPL2012
for loose planning.

Anyone up for cycling there?

werd,

--
http://tenyen.net/

Mark Steward

Mar 12, 2012, 1:11:45 PM3/12/12
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
Quick reminder: this is on Wednesday. Wiki page here:

http://wiki.london.hackspace.org.uk/view/Other_Events/FieldTrip/NPL2012

Mark