Monthly Hacking Hacking Meetups?

Darren McDonald

Nov 21, 2011, 9:24:37 AM11/21/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com

Thanks for everyone who gave me feed back on and off list for saturday's ctf turned workshop.

I thought it might be an idea to reserve the quiet room on the third sunday of each month for an informal gathering of people who want to chat and learn about computer security.

I was think from 1200-1400 (or until people get tired or bored) and when someone has something prepared run presentations and workshops from 1400 onwards.

Any thoughts on the day (i think the third sunday should be clear), time, format, or the idea of having monthly meetups in general?

Best,

Darren

Brett Hutley

Nov 21, 2011, 10:12:46 AM11/21/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
Sounds good to me.

Cheers, Brett

Andrew Black

Nov 21, 2011, 10:15:21 AM11/21/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
Sounds a good idea.    I haven't yet managed to be free when for the Sat meetings, but Sundays tend to be a bit clearer for me.

te0

Nov 22, 2011, 4:56:36 AM11/22/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
Sounds nice for me too. If I can I'll be there every meeting.
Thanks Darren

Darren McDonald

Nov 22, 2011, 5:13:28 AM11/22/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com

No one has shot me down so I have added it to the calendar. I wont personally be able to attend next month as ill be in berlin on the 18th. So guess its up to you guys if you want to do anything over and above a meet.

Luther Blissett

Nov 22, 2011, 5:13:53 AM11/22/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com

Sounds great!

L.

te0

Dec 12, 2011, 1:12:45 PM12/12/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
Hi there,

Since Darren is not available this weekend, anyone knows whether is
there any hacking hacking activity on 18th?

Cheers

guyfa...@myway.com

Dec 17, 2011, 8:46:15 AM12/17/11
to London Hackspace

I wasn't sure if I'd have gotten over my cold but I think
I'm going to be well enough to not infect everyone else.

It's been on the calendar for a few weeks so at least a
few people will turn up.

In view of Darren's view of the general skiil level I suggest
we cover some basic concepts and tools, keeping
it white hat of course. I have a few ideas.
I plan to discuss it in person rarther than get bikeshedded.
on here.

G.

Darren McDonald

Dec 17, 2011, 9:07:39 AM12/17/11
On 17 December 2011 13:46, guyfa...@myway.com <guyfa...@myway.com> wrote:
> I plan to discuss it in person rarther than get bikeshedded.
> on here.
>
> G.

Let me know how it goes :)

-----