Expect to order Nanode PCBs on Tuesday 26th - pledges due in.

Ken Boak

Apr 20, 2011, 1:07:08 PM4/20/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

There's been a terrific response on the Nanode project, with lots of people buying into the idea of a low cost network node.

We've received a generous donation from Pachube, which means that we can go ahead with a batch of 100 Nanode kits.

Just looking at the  pledge page - almost 2/3rds of the kits are now "spoken for".   If you'd like to join in with the first batch, now is the time to put your name down.

We'd like to start the ball rolling and order the pcbs early next week - i.e. Tuesday after Easter.

If you have reserved a kit or kits, please try to pay your pledge into the Hackspace account over the next few days, and preferably by the time we come to order, which is 26/4/2011 - next Tuesday.

Much Appreciated,

Ken

Apr 20, 2011, 1:32:56 PM4/20/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
Sorry, not been following where do I put my name down for one?

Ken Boak

Apr 20, 2011, 1:46:26 PM4/20/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com

SteveL

Apr 20, 2011, 2:06:34 PM4/20/11
to London Hackspace

I am interested in 1 or 2 nanodes - not a member and I live in the US
- what's the best way to go about this? Are you taking orders from
non-members? Shipping?

Looks like a wonderful project - I currently have 2 arduinos +
ethernet shields running temp updates and HVAC control on Pachube -
that's how I found about the Nanode project.

Any thought to selling it thru Sparkfun or similar?

Thanks!

Steve

Ken Boak

Apr 20, 2011, 4:07:03 PM4/20/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
Steve,

If you can wait until we've produced 100 in the UK, we can then either ship to you direct at UK price plus airmail  or why not get a batch of say 20 boards made in the US, by all means see if Sparkfun are interested?

Ken

Vanessa Mckeown

Apr 20, 2011, 4:17:24 PM4/20/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
I have a quick question about Oyster cards, is it possible to have a system which can read everyones oyster card, without having to individually take the code from each one ?

Vanessa

SteveL

Apr 20, 2011, 4:27:10 PM4/20/11
to London Hackspace
I can wait... but I might do as you said and make a batch of PCB's
here - looks like you're working on a version 4? I'd rather wait to
do a run of the same version you folks make!

Steve

On Apr 20, 2:07 pm, Ken Boak <ken.b...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Steve,
>
> If you can wait until we've produced 100 in the UK, we can then either ship
> to you direct at UK price plus airmail  or why not get a batch of say 20
> boards made in the US, by all means see if Sparkfun are interested?
>
> Ken

HKAirpost

Apr 21, 2011, 11:23:21 AM4/21/11
to London Hackspace
Hi Ken,

Could you ship 2 kits to France? if so how much shall i add for P&P?

And where can I wire the money? Do you have a Paypal account? Can't
find the info on pledge page

Sorry about the trouble. As Steve, I'd like to spread the bords in
fellow hackerspaces, but i need to try your batch first.

hka.

On Apr 20, 10:07 pm, Ken Boak <ken.b...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Steve,
>
> If you can wait until we've produced 100 in the UK, we can then either ship
> to you direct at UK price plus airmail  or why not get a batch of say 20
> boards made in the US, by all means see if Sparkfun are interested?
>
> Ken

Ken Boak

Apr 21, 2011, 1:20:40 PM4/21/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
HKA,

I am just checking to see if he Hackspace has a paypal account - if not you could pay me via my paypal and I'll pay the Hackspace directly.

I'll also have to check on the postage rate to France.  I'm sure it will only add about 10% to the cost.

Ken

Apr 21, 2011, 3:17:44 PM4/21/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
Can I pay via your paypal also?

HKAirpost

Apr 22, 2011, 7:52:02 AM4/22/11
to London Hackspace
Thanks Ken,

I caught the paypal account in the other thread:
pay...@hackspace.org.uk
I'll make sure you get £40 (= 36 + 10%) after paypal taxes. That is
£41.83 according to http://www.rolbe.com/paypal.htm

Is that OK for you? Can i wire the money? I'll put my address details
and payment ref NANODE1.

Best
hka

Ken Boak

Apr 22, 2011, 8:23:02 AM4/22/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
hka,

Thats fine,

It should cover all the shipping and PayPal expenses,

Have a good weekend

Ken

HKAirpost

Apr 22, 2011, 8:53:38 AM4/22/11
to London Hackspace
Done, thanks!

On Apr 22, 2:23 pm, Ken Boak <ken.b...@gmail.com> wrote:
> hka,
>
> Thats fine,
>
> It should cover all the shipping and PayPal expenses,
>
> Have a good weekend
>
> Ken
>
> On 22 April 2011 12:52, HKAirpost <goo...@hk.airpost.net> wrote:
>

> > Thanks Ken,
>
> > I caught the paypal account in the other thread:
> > paym...@hackspace.org.uk
> > I'll make sure you get £40 (= 36 + 10%) after paypal taxes. That is
> > £41.83 according tohttp://www.rolbe.com/paypal.htm

Apr 22, 2011, 12:32:19 PM4/22/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
Ken,

I've sent £40 for 2 nanodes to pay...@hackspace.org.uk, I can collect
mine from the space. I guess that's fine?

Regards

Mark.itto

Apr 22, 2011, 12:37:55 PM4/22/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
Hi id'll like to of these but i'm afraid i wont be able to pay them untill next mont in a couple of weeks? can i add my name on the pledge list? or wait until the next batch. thanks

SteveL

Apr 23, 2011, 11:16:37 PM4/23/11
to London Hackspace
Just wondering if the version 4 files will be posted anywhere - would
like to make a few here in Colorado!

Also, is there a forum for this project? This thread hardly seems to
be the right place for these questions.... ;-)

Thanks!

Steve