Hacking Hacking

Darren McDonald

Nov 19, 2011, 12:58:47 PM11/19/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com

Completely misjudged the skill level of the attendees for the CTF, so much so it turned into an unplanned workshop. But everyone seemed to learn something, and i hope the more complex examples at least were informative as to what is possible.

Looking forward id like to put together a subgroup to organise more stuff, rather this being a one man band. Anyone feel they have the right technical background and motivation?

Darren

On Nov 19, 2011 4:44 PM, "Darren McDonald" <dar...@dmcdonald.net> wrote:

Ctf is over for this evening, thanks everone.

On Nov 18, 2011 6:37 PM, "Darren McDonald" <dar...@dmcdonald.net> wrote:
On 18 November 2011 18:33, Sevan / Venture37 <vent...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hiya,
> Are there any tools which attendees can pre-install in prep for tomorrow to
> help getting started a little quicker on the easier track.

nmap, metasploit, and the burpsuite demo are a good start.

Big Will

Nov 19, 2011, 9:02:42 PM11/19/11
to London Hackspace
Thanks 4 today Darren, it was great.

I would be willing to be involved in helping this subgroup. I think
with another bit of additional training, I could help u work through
examples I understood with a group. I think today was the kind of
course we could do with more of, and I'd help you if it meant more of
them.

Will

Brett Hutley

Nov 20, 2011, 11:10:12 AM11/20/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
Hi Darren,

I've got the SANS GCIA and GCIH qualifications, so know a little about it (although I work as a programmer rather than in net sec). Couldn't make it yesterday as I was in Brighton, but I'd be happy to help with the next one.

Cheers, Brett

Anish Mohammed

Nov 20, 2011, 11:25:30 AM11/20/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com, london-h...@googlegroups.com
Hi Darren,
Thought I should put my hand up. I do work as a security architect in my day job. I have been a researcher in crypto/ security ( three very reputed crypto/security groups ) in the past, so i do admit to knowing a bit about It, especially the more crypto end of things. Hope to join you at the next one.
Regards
Anish

Anish Mohammed
Twitter: anishmohammed
http://uk.linkedin.com/in/anishmohammed

Ziad Khouri

Nov 20, 2011, 8:02:54 PM11/20/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
I'd be interested. (Hello again Darren, we met at the CTF. I'm the guy who had a go with my smartphone)