Wondering if there are any BSL users here?

Sep 8, 2011, 5:11:24 PM9/8/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
Harrow,

I haven't signed much in British Sign Language in ages, I'm missing it
and was wondering if any hackspacer's could sign and if they were
interested in hanging out regularly to practice/chat/whatever?

If enough interest maybe I could run an introduction to BSL workshop,
but keep in mind it takes weeks and months and years to learn :P

Regards,
Hypnooooo

--

++++++++++[>+>+++>++
+++++>++++++++++<<<<
-]>>>+++++++.>++++++
+++++.+++..---------
.++++++++++.<<+++.<.

Katie Sutton

Sep 8, 2011, 5:30:51 PM9/8/11
On 8 September 2011 22:11, M <a.turn...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Harrow,
>
> I haven't signed much in British Sign Language in ages, I'm missing it
> and was wondering if any hackspacer's could sign and if they were
> interested in hanging out regularly to practice/chat/whatever?
>
> If enough interest maybe I could run an introduction to BSL workshop,
> but keep in mind it takes weeks and months and years to learn :P
>
> Regards,
> Hypnooooo

MattP is a signer. Damn, wish you'd offered such a workshop whilst I
was still in London!

--
Katie Sutton
http://tajasel.org

"The ‘Net is a waste of time, and that’s exactly what’s right about
it." ~ William Gibson

Sep 8, 2011, 5:36:34 PM9/8/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
:P

Tim Storey

Sep 8, 2011, 6:43:44 PM9/8/11
On 08/09/2011 22:11, M wrote:
> Harrow,
>
> I haven't signed much in British Sign Language in ages, I'm missing it
> and was wondering if any hackspacer's could sign and if they were
> interested in hanging out regularly to practice/chat/whatever?
>
> If enough interest maybe I could run an introduction to BSL workshop,
> but keep in mind it takes weeks and months and years to learn :P
>
> Regards,
> Hypnooooo

I would...
be interested in learning

SheraDreaming

Sep 8, 2011, 8:40:32 PM9/8/11
to London Hackspace
Oooh, hackspace I do love thee.

I don't know BSL, but I studied ASL full-time for two years under a
Deaf teacher and still participate a bit in the scene.

I ended up being forced to decide between following my partner here
and going to George Brown's interpretation program.

I would dearly love to learn BSL from you. But I am not often in
London :( :( :( Serious arg! :(

Skype?

fo' shizzle do we ever need a hackspace up here.