Woolley liberals

Mike

Jun 10, 2011, 11:21:59 AM6/10/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
Folks,

Some of you may be aware that we've been running a pledge for a knitting
machine for quite some time. The recent extra cash injection seems to
have done the trick and today we can annonce that we've won a Brother
KH-950i and KR850 ribber on a well-known auction site.

This is great news as we were about to move onto our backup plan of
breeding a porcupine with a sheep, which should yield an animal capable
of knitting its own jumpers.

I guess this leaves us calling in our pledge and I'd like to ask our
Paymaster General how ones goes about doing so?

Finally, my pledge to this project was to drive to the ends of earth to
collect such a machine. Since it's likely that I'll be visiting
Bleaklow shortly and therefore incure little trouble or expense, I may
well instead pledge some wool to the project, if someone can tell me
where the best place to get some from is and what indeed, one should
probably purchase.

Mike.

signature.asc

Elliot West

Jun 10, 2011, 11:28:58 AM6/10/11
On 10 June 2011 16:21, Mike <hack...@norgie.net> wrote:
I guess this leaves us calling in our pledge and I'd like to ask our
Paymaster General how ones goes about doing so?

Robert Leverington

Jun 10, 2011, 11:32:11 AM6/10/11
On 2011-06-10, Mike wrote:
> I guess this leaves us calling in our pledge and I'd like to ask our
> Paymaster General how ones goes about doing so?

Just post a message to this mailing list telling people to send in their
pledges to the hackspace bank account, the details of which are on the
members website [1] (you must be logged in to view that page).

Members can cross themselves off on the pledge once they have paid.

Robert

[1] http://london.hackspace.org.uk/members/donate.php

Wren Montgomery

Jun 10, 2011, 12:09:35 PM6/10/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
For machine knitting , you probably want coned stuff (for even feeding.)  I'ts mostly listed as weaving yarn, but should be suitable for this purpose.

If you haven't joined ravelry and read the machine knitting boards there, that's probably a very good place to start.

 Consider then, http://www.texere-yarns.co.uk/texereshop/Knitting_Yarns_by_Weight.html

and

http://www.colourmart.com/eng/

(of whom I have personal experience and can put you straight in touch with someone at colourmart)

Wren