[london-hack-space] Chaos computer summer camp

Glen

Jul 18, 2011, 9:39:18 AM7/18/11
to London Hackspace
I'll be driving to the camp in my VW camper van, I have two free
places for people and their tents. Anyone interested?

Also I need a dog sitter for the time I'm away.

Glen

Martin

Jul 18, 2011, 11:30:07 AM7/18/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
When you driving down? I was planning a trip to finaland first, but may have to cancel due to family issues, so will be needing to get to CCC from london.  Anyway, I'll be at the space tomorrow evening if u'r about, will be best to speek to u then

Glen

Jul 18, 2011, 11:50:29 AM7/18/11
to London Hackspace
Two more days to buy your tickets for Chaos camp.

From twitter:
We don't know how many tickets will be left for on-site sale, so this
might be your last chance. Hurry up! • https://presale.events.ccc.de/

The online ticket shop will close in two days! •
http://events.ccc.de/camp/2011/wiki/Ticket_Shop_Closes_In_Two_Days

tenyen

Jul 20, 2011, 10:00:18 PM7/20/11
to London Hackspace, OctD'Cassi, Glen
Heya,

so I had 0.75 days left on my reservation when I logged in tonight and
someone has taken about 152euro off me (a very long weekend of
leet . . priceless. . .) , so it looks like I've got a ticket. now to
get there. . . (I'd rather not fly or take a coach. The chunnel
experience has only ever varied from pricey and extremely
disappointing to *epic*fail*, for me)

Glen & OctD'Cassi : Assuming you still have space in your vans: When
do you plan on leaving and returning? How much do you think the
journey will cost (split of fuel&ferry? one way?). Would you
consider taking a passenger one way (outward in my case?) . . .

So if I'm not going to be driven by the above or someone else
(offers?) my (loose, but getting
tighter. . .) plan, so far, is:

Ideally arrive *by* Monday 8th if not earlier (in *theory* I'm
available from the middle of next week, but day-to-day costs would
have to be *-super-*-crazy-*-value-* until I got to the camp).

Travel by Dutch Flyer (Day (from 40ukp) or Night Ferry (from between
54ukp(5 berth) 78ukp(1 berth (actually single occupancy 2 berth))
upwards . . .) to The German Border (Enschede or Venlo or?)

(possible nap/camp time near a border town)

(Single ticket Enschede to Gronau is 3.80euro)

From Germany take either a "Schönes Wochenende" ticket (upto 5 people,
all in, 39 euro (can you travel on your own on this ticket??)
approximately 10 hour journey with 4 or 5 changes to Berlin, probably
can take it closer to Finowfurt.

or 2 to 5 "Lander" tickets (upto 5 people 21-31 euro, all in, for each
"region" we pass through.

After the the camp tidy up (Wednesday'ish?) I might then travel onto
Poland or might be persuaded
to do the return journey in the same group.

So I'm looking for (groups of?) upto 5 people who can make a
compromise on dates/ costs as above
and take my cash or give me cash for booking on my credit card and
meetup with passports within the next 3 or so days at the hackspace or
http://dek.spc.org?

can. . . .

werd,

http://tenyen.net/