We can take Threadneedle Street

offgridnick

Sep 19, 2011, 11:44:52 AM9/19/11
to London Hackspace
Inspired by new Yorkers' occupation of Wall Street area to protest
against the looters who on call themselves bankers, we Londoners
could repeat the exercise here and occupy a selected City street.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/cifamerica/2011/sep/19/occupy-wall-street-financial-system

Nick Leaton

Sep 19, 2011, 11:47:57 AM9/19/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
You're naive. The real problem is government debt. Try comparing the size of the two problems. Bank bailout versus all the government liabilities.
--
Nick

Adrian Godwin

Sep 19, 2011, 11:49:26 AM9/19/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
I suggest making regular late night drinking expeditions to the City,
followed by brief stops at the revolving doors of the financial
institutions. It's only what they're doing to the rest of us.

-adrian

Russ Garrett

Sep 19, 2011, 11:52:22 AM9/19/11
On 19 September 2011 16:44, offgridnick <nick...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Inspired by new Yorkers' occupation of Wall Street area to protest
> against the looters who  on call themselves bankers, we Londoners
> could repeat the exercise here and occupy a selected City street.

We try and keep the Hackspace and this list apolitical, so this
discussion does not belong here.

--
Russ Garrett
ru...@garrett.co.uk

Jonty Wareing

Sep 19, 2011, 12:01:31 PM9/19/11
On Mon, Sep 19, 2011 at 08:44:52AM -0700, offgridnick wrote:
> Inspired by new Yorkers' occupation of Wall Street area to protest
> against the looters who on call themselves bankers, we Londoners
> could repeat the exercise here and occupy a selected City street.

Please keep your politics off the mailing list. We are an incredibly
diverse group and attempt to be politically neutral in order to be
welcoming to everyone.

While we allow people to quietly work on varied political projects in
the space, we do not allow them to bother other members with their
opinions unless invited.

--jonty

scary boots

Sep 19, 2011, 12:04:02 PM9/19/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
Surely Berlin is the next designated target?

Russ Garrett

Sep 19, 2011, 12:52:37 PM9/19/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
Leonard Cohen references, on the other hand, I can get behind.

On 19 September 2011 17:04, scary boots <scary...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Surely Berlin is the next designated target?
>
> On 19 September 2011 16:44, offgridnick <nick...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Inspired by new Yorkers' occupation of Wall Street area to protest
>> against the looters who  on call themselves bankers, we Londoners
>> could repeat the exercise here and occupy a selected City street.

--
Russ Garrett
ru...@garrett.co.uk

Monty

Sep 19, 2011, 12:52:53 PM9/19/11
to London Hackspace
Shirley Berlin? Never heard of her.

On Sep 19, 5:04 pm, scary boots <scarybo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Surely Berlin is the next designated target?
>
> On 19 September 2011 16:44, offgridnick <nickro...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > Inspired by new Yorkers' occupation of Wall Street area to protest
> > against the looters who  on call themselves bankers, we Londoners
> > could repeat the exercise here and occupy a selected City street.
>
> >http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/cifamerica/2011/sep/19/occupy...

Sci

Sep 19, 2011, 2:34:24 PM9/19/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
I think she used to host "Bad Influence" in the early 90s.

Sci

Ken Boak

Sep 19, 2011, 6:51:21 PM9/19/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
Yeah,

I saw them outside Wall St about 5 hours ago - seemed like quite a crowd.

Got a couple of photos of them from the open top tour bus.

United Nations and Obama are in town tonight - massive traffic chaos
as the cops close half of Manhattan for security reasons.

I'm homeward bound tonight - might even make the 'space tomorrow night

Ken in New York.