Lasercutter interlock

Charles Yarnold

Jun 20, 2011, 4:19:02 PM6/20/11
to Hackspace Mailing List
Hello all,

We currently have an issue with the flow interlock that renders it useless and the lasercutter out of action, I think it should be removed and bypassed until we can find a replacement, here is my reasoning:

  • When we required it to operate with the first tube, it failed to do so and failed open, meaning it was useless for its purpose.
  • With its design it slows flow speed from 12 pints per min to 4, this means less efficient cooling of the tube, and will contribute to early death.
  • The flow interlock has failed at least 4 times, while the pump it is protecting from failure has failed 0 times.
Because of these reasons I think it would be best to remove it even before we have a workable replacement, and to work for a better replacement asap.

All other interlocks would still be in place and remain active.

I will be looking into carrying this out tomorrow evening if there are no objections.

Sol

Simon Howes

Jun 24, 2011, 7:52:25 AM6/24/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com

I heard a rumour the laser cutter was working again, is this true?