London ME Exhibition

1 view

Adrian Godwin

Nov 26, 2011, 9:36:06 AM11/26/11
to london-hack-space
Some people may be interested in attending the London Model Engineer
Exhibition. It's at Alexandra Palace in January. It's a good event to
buy metalworking supplies and be inspired by some of the models built
- these are not all garden railways and steam engines, the recent
Midlands exhibition featured a helicoptor powered by a jet turbine.

There are also club stands - either displays of member's work, or
simple literature points for advertising. I've put in an enquiry about
running one of these and would be willing to set up an information
stand to advertise LHS. However, it could also be run as a hack table,
building simple electronic kits etc. like a Makerfaire stand.

Do you think that's a useful thing to do ? Would anybody be
interested in helping with such a stand ?

-adrian

Jim MacArthur

Nov 26, 2011, 3:58:46 PM11/26/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
I went this year and I thought it was really good. I'll help out with a stand on the weekend.

Jim

Mark Steward

Nov 26, 2011, 6:53:03 PM11/26/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
At request of Martin, there's also a model exhibition day at KBSM tomorrow:

Featuring model underground trains and model boats, engines and helicopters being displayed and tested.  And apparently some daleks.  The miniature railway will be running as usual, too.

Mark

Anish Mohammed

Nov 26, 2011, 8:21:18 PM11/26/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
London Model Engineer exhibition sounds like a good idea, would ilke to volunteer to help, due to work commitments not sure...