Zero parking permits remain!

Charles Yarnold

Mar 25, 2011, 3:37:23 PM3/25/11
to Hackspace Mailing List
Hello all,

There are no permits left at the space, this includes the 1 permit we have for the new space.

Please, please, please, please, please, please return them!

Love Sol

Adam L

Mar 28, 2011, 9:48:04 AM3/28/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com, Charles Yarnold
May I suggest that we do the same thing with the parking permits (assuming we ever find any ever again) as they do with bathroom keys in certain businesses and attach something large to it.

To be specific can we take the parking permit and while ensuring it is still totally legible add about 5 feet of colourful streamers or wool to it and impose a rule that if you are using a parking permit then you must use it on the drivers side AND have some of the 'tail' trailing through to outside the door for extra remembering.

What do you think?  I'd do it myself except blah blah no time to even get to space blah blah

Adam

Ciarán Mooney

Mar 28, 2011, 9:50:14 AM3/28/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I think the traditional "heavy item" is a breeze-block. We'll be able
to find a couple of those easy enough.

Ciarán

Adrian Godwin

Mar 28, 2011, 10:18:19 AM3/28/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
Doesn't need to be heavy, just big : if they're pasted to a board that covers a significant fraction of your windscreen then they're pretty hard to forget.

Also, could we have a block of postits or similar on the message board, please? I admit that I hardly ever remember to leave my name on the board when I use a permit, and that's because there's nothing to hand to leave it on, so I put it off. And forget.

-adrian

TheTechSmith

Mar 28, 2011, 6:01:28 PM3/28/11
to London Hackspace
Maybe attach to a GPS device intern attached to a speaker, such that
it you leave the hackspace area, it *tells you* to take it back!

Failing that, glue to bit of A3 MDF.

On Mar 28, 3:18 pm, Adrian Godwin <artgod...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 28, 2011 at 2:50 PM, Ciarán Mooney <

Martin Dittus

Mar 28, 2011, 9:07:06 PM3/28/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
> Also, could we have a block of postits or similar on the message board, please? I admit that I hardly ever remember to leave my name on the board when I use a permit, and that's because there's nothing to hand to leave it on, so I put it off. And forget.

As far back as I can remember there has always been a block of post it notes next to the phone, just a few steps from the message board.

m.

cepm...@yahoo.co.uk

Mar 28, 2011, 9:32:59 PM3/28/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
The answer is simple...

A device attached to the pass that emits a loud and annoying beep every
twenty seconds or so.

This will not be a problem in an unattended car but will remind the driver
to return it before s/he leaves the yard. The sound is disabled when the
pass is hung on the appropriate hook by the notice board. A nice project
for someone...

I am sure that someone will manage to shoehorn an Arduino into the plan
somewhere along the line... :-)

Phil

Toby Catlin

Mar 29, 2011, 4:28:23 AM3/29/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com

Mike

Mar 30, 2011, 4:55:52 AM3/30/11
On Tue, Mar 29, 2011 at 09:28:23AM +0100, Toby Catlin wrote:
> http://www.amazon.co.uk/Annoy-A-Tron-Electronic-Prank/dp/B003NODNNQ

I can vouch for these. Someone stashed one at a place I once worked.
Took a week to locate. They were up ladders, in ceiling tiles,
everything!

Mike.

signature.asc