Audio Gear

PhilipClevberger

Oct 5, 2011, 11:19:28 AM10/5/11
to London Hackspace
Hi everyone,

We (Philip Clevberger & Martin Klang) took a trip outside London this
morning, to go to the Focusrite/Novation/Gear4 and raid their
warehouse.
Well, not quite, but they gave us a few boxes of returns and stuff
they where going to throw away. The things are faulty in one way or
another.
We sorted it all when we got back. There are 2 boxes containing gear4
speakers and headphones.

We are planning to go trhough the Novation and Focusrite gear to see
if any of it is working and do a "do not hack" music gear box to be
used by all fellow hackers.
anyone keen on helping us?

Best regards
/Philip & Martin

Oct 5, 2011, 12:09:21 PM10/5/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
I'm keen.

--

++++++++++[>+>+++>++
+++++>++++++++++<<<<
-]>>>+++++++.>++++++
+++++.+++..---------
.++++++++++.<<+++.<.

Billy

Oct 5, 2011, 2:28:28 PM10/5/11
to London Hackspace

I'll help.

Sorting and fixing wombled audio gear... :D

Thanks to you both for picking it up, and thanks to the people that
donated it.

On Oct 5, 5:09 pm, M <a.turntabl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm keen.

cepm...@yahoo.co.uk

Oct 8, 2011, 4:55:21 AM10/8/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
Ashley and I spent most of thursday night going through the ipod speakers
(I really ought to get out more). They are all labeled with our findings.
Most of them seem to work with the aux input and radio where fitted but we
were unable to test the ipod connectors (some of which are obviously
damaged). They will make very nice computer speakers or small studio
monitors I have been using them with a minidisk player and they give good
audio to levels above the comfortable range.
The actual drivers (10w 2.5inch/60mm 6ohm) are of very nice quality, so
even the dead ones are hackable for use as extension speakers for other
equipment. There are not many PSUs but when did that deter the truly
awesome?

I have put aside a couple with broken ipod connectors to use with the
projector setup in the quiet room.

Phil

--
" et cognoscetis veritatem et veritas liberabit vos. "

Elliot Duffy

Oct 8, 2011, 6:46:16 AM10/8/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
Hi Phil,

Yours and Ashley's work is much appreciated, thankyou! As well as a big thankyou to those who went to collect this too!

I am after a few of the drivers from the broken units if there are still some available please? Are these on the usual donation to the space basis?

Kind regards,

Elliot