Nanode 5 - ready for pcb manufacture

Ken Boak

May 10, 2011, 4:25:53 AM5/10/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com, Oleg Lavrovsky, Ben Pirt, Andrew, John Crouchley, Miles Hodkinson, Paul Tanner, Paul Allen, trystan lea, Roger Light, Glyn Hudson, Suneil Tagore, Carlos AG, Stephen Blomley, Samuel Carlisle, Matthew Gaffen, Usman Haque
Just to let you know that the pcb files for Nanode 5 are ready for production and I am currently getting quotes from Spirit Circuits.

Once exported, the pcbs should take approximately 10 working days, so we should have boards around about the last weekend in May.

I will also be putting in component orders to Rapid Electronics, Cool Components and Farnell to purchase parts for the kits.

The Nanode 5 has a bunch of new features over the early prototype - amongst which:

1.  A unique MAC address supplied by a tiny Microchip EEPROM.
2.  A footprint on the underside of the board to take a serial SPI memory device - either SRAM, FRAM or EEPROM.  This can be used for storing large amounts of data or web pages.
3.  A wireless connectivity connector - this 8 pin connector allows the Jee Labs RFM12B wireless board to be plugged straight in, so Nanode can be used for wireless network developments.

I will keep you updated on progress over the next 2 weeks.

regards

Ken

Nick Boyle

May 10, 2011, 11:06:11 AM5/10/11
On Tue, May 10, 2011 at 9:25 AM, Ken Boak <ken....@gmail.com> wrote:
> Just to let you know that the pcb files for Nanode 5 are ready for
> production and I am currently getting quotes from Spirit Circuits.

Excellent news!

> Once exported, the pcbs should take approximately 10 working days, so we
> should have boards around about the last weekend in May.
>
> I will also be putting in component orders to Rapid Electronics, Cool
> Components and Farnell to purchase parts for the kits.
>
> The Nanode 5 has a bunch of new features over the early prototype - amongst
> which:
>
> 1.  A unique MAC address supplied by a tiny Microchip EEPROM.
> 2.  A footprint on the underside of the board to take a serial SPI memory
> device - either SRAM, FRAM or EEPROM.  This can be used for storing large
> amounts of data or web pages.
> 3.  A wireless connectivity connector - this 8 pin connector allows the Jee
> Labs RFM12B wireless board to be plugged straight in, so Nanode can be used
> for wireless network developments.

Excellent news!

My main aim is to use with wireless and have jeenodes which I am
experimenting with. However, I am more than happy with the development
of the Nanode and think this may well become my primary platform ..

Thanks for all the hard work!