laser cutter pc

Jasper Wallace

Oct 4, 2011, 6:12:20 PM10/4/11
to london-hack-space

Hi,

the laser cutter pc is dead again. so whoever is fixing that please take a
look.

(it's been dead since at least sunday, sorry for not notifying the list
eairler).

--
[http://pointless.net/] [0x2ECA0975]

tom

Oct 4, 2011, 6:47:27 PM10/4/11
to London Hackspace
hardware or software dead?

Jasper Wallace

Oct 4, 2011, 6:51:12 PM10/4/11
to London Hackspace
On Tue, 4 Oct 2011, tom wrote:

> hardware or software dead?

It dosn't power on, the led around the power button flickers.

It might just need a psu transplant.

--
[http://pointless.net/] [0x2ECA0975]

Sci

Oct 4, 2011, 10:42:46 PM10/4/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
On 04/10/2011 23:51, Jasper Wallace wrote:
> On Tue, 4 Oct 2011, tom wrote:
>
>> hardware or software dead?
>
> It dosn't power on, the led around the power button flickers.
>
> It might just need a psu transplant.

Inclined to agree. All the motherboard caps looked fine when I
refurbished it and it didn't show any problems in hours of memtest
cycles. But I didn't leave it plugged in for ages before running the tests.

A work-around is to unplug the PC, wait 10sec, plug it back in and hit
the on button. I've had other power supplies act up in the same way (no
I didn't re-use one of them).

IIRC is a bog standard 300Watt ATX with the seperate 12v plug.

Sci

Jasper Wallace

Oct 5, 2011, 7:36:18 PM10/5/11
On Wed, 5 Oct 2011, Sci wrote:

> Inclined to agree. All the motherboard caps looked fine when I
> refurbished it and it didn't show any problems in hours of memtest
> cycles. But I didn't leave it plugged in for ages before running the tests.
>
> A work-around is to unplug the PC, wait 10sec, plug it back in and hit
> the on button. I've had other power supplies act up in the same way (no
> I didn't re-use one of them).

Doh, that made it work.

I've fixed a notice to the laser cutter pc with details of the incantation
needed to get it to switch on...

--
[http://pointless.net/] [0x2ECA0975]