Segway around Alexandra Palace

Katie Sutton

Aug 23, 2011, 5:34:43 PM8/23/11
to London Hackspace list
Having seen various people report on awesome experiences riding a
Segway around Ally Pally, I've been looking into having a go myself,
and realising that:

a) there's a potential for group discounts,
b) members of the Hackspace are exactly the kind of people who would
be interested in forming a group,

...I'm wondering if any readers of the list are interested in joining
me. I'm looking for a group of at least 10, I expect - so nine others
to join me, minimum. I haven't looked into it *at all* yet but I'm
anticipating maybe £20-25pp ish. So: shout if you're interested!

--
Katie Sutton
http://tajasel.org

"The ‘Net is a waste of time, and that’s exactly what’s right about
it." ~ William Gibson

Nigel Worsley

Aug 23, 2011, 5:58:17 PM8/23/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
> So: shout if you're interested!

Shout!

Do you think they will let us add layzors :-)

Nigle

Sam Cook

Aug 23, 2011, 6:05:18 PM8/23/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
Shout!

Although depends when it is booked for

++layzors (missiles?)

Elliot Duffy

Aug 23, 2011, 6:07:01 PM8/23/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com

Sounds cool. Lasers optional. ;) Put me down for two places please.

Elliot

Katie Sutton

Aug 23, 2011, 6:08:10 PM8/23/11
On 23 August 2011 23:05, Sam Cook <sam.lind...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Shout!
> Although depends when it is booked for
> ++layzors (missiles?)

Expect we can negotiate to work out the best date for everyone, once I
have enough interest :)

Jonty Wareing

Aug 24, 2011, 1:43:53 PM8/24/11
On Tue, Aug 23, 2011 at 10:34:43PM +0100, Katie Sutton wrote:
> So: shout if you're interested!

Consider me very interested, I've always wanted a go on a Segway.

--jonty

h4rrydog

Aug 25, 2011, 9:41:13 AM8/25/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
+2!!! My wife and I have always wanted to try out the Segway. :D

Matt Peperell

Aug 26, 2011, 4:32:09 AM8/26/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
I'm somewhat late to the party, but I'll happily be a +1.

--
Regards,

Matt Peperell
Tel: +44 (0) 7951 092 890
Skype: mattpep

Katie Sutton

Aug 26, 2011, 9:44:36 AM8/26/11
On 26 August 2011 09:32, Matt Peperell <mpep...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm somewhat late to the party,  but I'll happily be a +1.
>
> On 23 August 2011 22:34, Katie Sutton <ka...@tajasel.org> wrote:
>> Having seen various people report on awesome experiences riding a
>> Segway around Ally Pally, I've been looking into having a go myself,
>> and realising that:
>>
>> a) there's a potential for group discounts,
>> b) members of the Hackspace are exactly the kind of people who would
>> be interested in forming a group,
>>
>> ...I'm wondering if any readers of the list are interested in joining
>> me.  I'm looking for a group of at least 10, I expect - so nine others
>> to join me, minimum.  I haven't looked into it *at all* yet but I'm
>> anticipating maybe £20-25pp ish.  So: shout if you're interested!

I'm probably going to be looking into it early next week, I count nine
people inc. myself interested so far so I'll try and get a good price
for a group of ten, unless there's a flurry of interest over the
weekend...

Katie Sutton

Sep 7, 2011, 7:33:50 PM9/7/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
Quick update on this: I'm in the middle of planning a move to
Manchester and am leaving London this Sunday, but I'm still fully
intending to organise the Segway trip.

I don't know how much I'll be able to make it down to London in the
coming months so I'm instead looking at sometime early next year,
dependent on weather and that, once I've got my life back on track.